Who's your patron saint?

  • Thread starter Thread starter CatintheHat
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

CatintheHat

Guest
So, I’m trying to figure out who to pick to be my Confirmation saint. I was hoping y’all could tell me who you picked and why?
 
Saint Stephan. I wanted someone no one else would choose. Plus, he’s a martyr! 🙂
 
Saint Christopher. A martyr and was one of the 1st saints I learned about
 
Saint Stephan. I wanted someone no one else would choose. Plus, he’s a martyr! 🙂
So, martyrs are more special than other saints? 😛 j/k
One of our RCIA instructors said he realized his patron saint and others that he asks for guidance all happen to be martyrs. He thinks he has an obsession. 😃
 
St Bernadette, for no good reason. She has come through for me through the years though.

My son just gave his information for Confirmation and his is St Francis of Assisi. According to what he wrote, it is because although for him, living life like St Francis is impossible, it is something to strive for. And the closer he is to that kind of life, the closer he is to peace.
 
Saint Theodore Guerin. As the process of my conversion started in the corners of my mind, she started showing up in my life. First in 2001, when she was blessed, through an oncologist and a sister religious; then again a couple of years ago after her canonization, she was everywhere I looked. (I live in Indiana, home of St. Mary-of-the-Woods, which she founded) She was on billboards, in conversations, every time I turned around, there she was. I was even struggling in the church that I was receiving RCIA. So we went to meet with a priest in a different parish to talk about switching parishes and RCIA instruction mid-stream, and there she was up on his wall. I knew that I was home. 👍

So how could I pick anyone else?
 
I picked St. Michael, because it always seems like I’m constantly waging battle with the devil. So, that helped me out a lot.
 
So, martyrs are more special than other saints? 😛 j/k
One of our RCIA instructors said he realized his patron saint and others that he asks for guidance all happen to be martyrs. He thinks he has an obsession. 😃
Perhaps he wants to be a martyr. Martyrdom is a wonderful privledge and a rare grace. 😉
 
St. Veronica. Because I admired her great love for Jesus… which manifested itself through her courage and compassion.

I can only imagine the courage it must have taken, to push through the jeering crowds… to get to Jesus, to wipe the Blood from His Face.
 
I was in the 4th grade. I picked Saint Elizabeth of Hungary because my grandfather (whom I adored) was from Hungary, because I liked the name Elizabeth, and because I loved the story about how the apron full of bread she was bringing to the poor turned into roses.

Really, I think she picked me because she knew someday I would be married, and I would need the role model of a woman who was completely devoted to her husband.
 
St. Lawrence, he’s the patron of cooks and a martyr. After reading a little about him, I had to pick him, I think though that maybe he picked me though…just call it a hunch.
 
I’m currently going through RCIA 🙂 and my patron saint will be St. Faustina. My journey to the Church started when I was visiting Poland in 2004. Its pace quickened exponentially when I heard the Chaplet of Divine Mercy on EWTN. There was no turning back from that. I learned a lot about the Church by listening to the Divine Mercy podcasts, and I am drawn to the painting that Jesus instructed Faustina to have painted of him, with the rays of divine mercy radiating from his heart.

So, I owe my journey to St. Faustina and her message of Divine Mercy. I can’t wait until she’s officially my saint! 👍
 
I was confirmed at 9 in 1961 and didn’t get to choose my confirmation name. I wanted Therese but my parents didn’t quite understand the concept I guess and insisted I take Mary after my aunt.
 
I chose Teresa of Avila because she had a great intuition about people’s needs…not to mention that she was also known to be a smart alec. And, although she was a mystic, she was also down-to-earth in her daily-ness.
 
I chose Teresa of Avila because she had a great intuition about people’s needs…not to mention that she was also known to be a smart alec. And, although she was a mystic, she was also down-to-earth in her daily-ness.
Same here. Plus, she was a tough old lady, and I need some of that toughness. 🙂
 
I chose St. Joan of Arc. I have always admired the great strength and courage that she had throughout her life…and that’s something I need.

I really chose her when I was about ten years old. My mom suggested I take St. Elizabeth Ann Seton, because my middle name is Elizabeth, but I love St. Joan of Arc and her story. And my mind never changed.

So she was my Confirmation saint this past September when I was confirmed as a junior in high school. 😃
 
St. Dismas (the good thief). It touches me and my life, that no matter how late the hour nor how evil a person has been, our Lord is still ready to welcome him.

Paul
 
I am confirming next year, and mine will be St. Joan of Arc. (hence my screen name, Jeanne) I chose her because she inspires me to stand up for Christ. Jeanne was a lowly teenage farm girl who heard voices from God, she disguised herself as a man and saved France. I also think she sort of found me herself. I remember when I was younger at Catholic Elementary school, we had to do a report on a saint, and I got her. I was fascinated by her story. Also, in my local Chuch there is a beautful statue of Joan, so valliant and beautiful. When it came time for confirmation, I knew who I wanted to choose. She makes me so emotional at times, she was a beatiful person. When I was struggling with my depression, I started wearing my medal and praying to her, and it really helped fight it. I would love to conquer the odds like she did for Christ!

I also have a special devotion to St. Therese of Liseaux and St. Lucy.

-Jeanne
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top