Whose allowed on the altar during the consecration?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Mommyof02green
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mommyof02green

Guest
I want to say that it’s the the priest, deacon, and servers. I’m sure I’ve seen it somewhere but can’t find the source to back up what I’m thinking. I know there is some kind of “rule” book, but for the life of me I can’t think of that’s the called either right now! I’m just really brain dead this morning. Thanks
 
from how im reading the GIRM( General Instruction of the Roman Missal), it is the celebrant alone, if he is concelebrating it is the principal celebrant, and the other celebrants form behind him

The Liturgy of the Eucharist
  1. The Preparation of the Gifts (cf. above, nos. 139-146) is carried out by the principal celebrant, while the other concelebrants remain at their places.
  2. After the prayer over the offerings has been said by the principal celebrant, the concelebrants approach the altar and stand around it, but in such a way that they do not obstruct the execution of the rites and that the sacred action may be seen clearly by the faithful. They should not be in the deacon’s way whenever he needs to go to the altar to perform his ministry.
The deacon exercises his ministry at the altar whenever he needs to assist with the chalice and the Missal. However, insofar as possible, he stands back slightly, behind the concelebrating priests standing around the principal celebrant.

*The Manner of Speaking the Eucharistic Prayer
usccb.org/liturgy/current/chapter4.shtml#sect2

fascinating read, to be honest
*
 
THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THE GRIM! That’s EXACTLY what I was looking for! I knew it, but couldn’t think of it’s name so I couldn’t find it or anything else I was looking for in Google Search this morning. Google only works if you have the CORRECT keywords!

Thanks again!
 
THANK-YOU! THANK-YOU! THE GRIM! That’s EXACTLY what I was looking for! I knew it, but couldn’t think of it’s name so I couldn’t find it or anything else I was looking for in Google Search this morning. Google only works if you have the CORRECT keywords!

Thanks again!
its no problem, i enjoy reading through it
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top