Why are you here?

• Thread starter Thread starter ladylinguist
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
40.png
AlanFromWichita:
PS do you remember Rich Mullins – author of Awesome God? My wife and some others were in a radical campaign to get him to become Catholic. His pinings for Catholicism and his supposedly “being too chicken” to convert and let go of “Sola Scriptura” Anyway Wednesday I think it was, I visited Fr. Matt McGinniss in Wichita and asked him straight up about Rich, as Rich frequently confided in him and knocked on his door in the middle of the night with gobs of questions – he was known for showing up unannounced at the doors of friends. Anyway, Fr. McGinniss did confirm for me that Rich was nearly ready to take his first Holy Communion and Fr. Matt was expecting to be able to give it to him within a week after his death.
Dear Alan,

Wow. Thank you so much for your awesome information. Huge fan of Rich Mullins here. When he died I prayed for his soul to be released from purgatory, and I still do when I hear one of his songs still being played on the local Contemporary Christian radio station. I’d always thought about what a great Catholic he would have made, and have pictured Rich up there singing with the angels! 🙂

~~ the phoenix

**I’m here to keep everyone in line. 😛 **

Let’s keep it on topic, OK?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back