Why Bush threatens Secularism

• Thread starter Thread starter Sirach14
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
bunch of atheists without any signs of conscience

btw Sirach14, are you one of that type?😉
I know a friend of you asked you to put something that even you know is anti-Catholic in this forum and you obeyed him/her, right?

I don’t need any reason why someone “threatens” secularism. secularism is the source of evil and can be exterminated for any reason(even no reason).
arguments are weak in that article. what kind of logic is this?
Islam is bad => theism is bad. christianity < theism => chrisitianity is bad

40.png
Sirach14:
Humanists fear Bush’s religious views could be government policy.

washingtontimes.com/national/20050414-124744-9798r.htm
The Washington Times? Have you a legitimate source? The paper is the mouthpiece for a certifiable right-wing loon: Sun Myung Moon. No one that posseses an ounce of critical thinking skills can give the WT any credence. Period.

40.png
Peter_Atlanta:
The Washington Times? Have you a legitimate source? The paper is the mouthpiece for a certifiable right-wing loon: Sun Myung Moon. No one that posseses an ounce of critical thinking skills can give the WT any credence. Period.
May I ask what you think is a credible source?

PF

Its funny, cause in a weird kinda " a broken clock is right twice a day" situation, I find myself agreeing with the fears of the secularists, though for very different reasons.
They fear ANY religion, and as far as I am concerned, the jury is still out on how Bush is using his special brand of Christianity to try and shape the world. His methods certainly arent following the words and admonitions of Jesus Christ… and the war in Iraq is only the tip of the iceberg of which I speak. 😦

40.png
Peter_Atlanta:
The Times is a legitimate source. Sun Myung has no influence on the news pages of the paper. Everyone that posseses an ounce of critical thinking skills and can do a little research knows that. Period 😃

40.png
SaintlySinner:
Its funny, cause in a weird kinda " a broken clock is right twice a day" situation, I find myself agreeing with the fears of the secularists, though for very different reasons.
They fear ANY religion, and as far as I am concerned, the jury is still out on how Bush is using his special brand of Christianity to try and shape the world. His methods certainly arent following the words and admonitions of Jesus Christ… and the war in Iraq is only the tip of the iceberg of which I speak. 😦
It’s called a Civil Religion and in no way is it new:

“And so even though we face the difficulties of today and tomorrow, I still have a dream. It is a dream deeply rooted in the American dream. I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: We hold these truths to be self-evident that all men are created equal.”
“The same revolutionary beliefs for which our forebears fought are still at issue around the globe - the belief that the rights of man come not from the generosity of the state but from the hands of God.”
“I’ve spoken of the shining city all my political life, but I don’t know if I ever quite communicated what I saw when I said it. But in my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, wind-swept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace …”
“We Americans have faith in ourselves, but not in ourselves alone. We do not know, we do not claim to know all the ways of Providence, yet we can trust in them, placing our confidence in the loving God behind all of life and all of history.”
All of us, no matter from what land our parents came, no matter in what way we may severally worship our Creator, must stand shoulder to shoulder in a united America for the elimination of race and religious prejudice. We must stand for a reign of equal justice to both big and small. We must insist on the maintenance of the American standard of living. We must stand for an adequate national control which shall secure a better training of our young men in time of peace, both for the work of peace and for the work of war. We must direct every national resource, material and spiritual, to the task not of shirking difficulties, but of training our people to overcome difficulties. Our aim must be, not to make life easy and soft, not to soften soul and body, but to fit us in virile fashion to do a great work for all mankind. This great work can only be done by a mighty democracy, with these qualities of soul, guided by those qualities of mind, which will both make it refuse to do injustice to any other nation, and also enable it to hold its own against aggression by any other nation. In our relations with the outside world, we must abhor wrongdoing, and disdain to commit it, and we must no less disdain the baseness of spirit which lamely submits to wrongdoing. Finally and most important of all, we must strive for the establishment within our own borders of that stern and lofty standard of personal and public neutrality which shall guarantee to each man his rights, and which shall insist in return upon the full performance by each man of his duties both to his neighbor and to the great nation whose flag must symbolize in the future as it has symbolized in the past the highest hopes of all mankind.

Theodore Roosevelt - 1915​

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back