Why did God make such a powerful devil?

• Thread starter Thread starter Pyjamarama
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Pyjamarama

It seems no matter how hard I try to be good people always want to destroy me with their lies. It seems that if you are a bad person you have a great life. (Experience has shown me this in general). Didn’t Jesus say we would have peace from him that the world couldn’t give us and yet there is no peace for some of us. The devil is very strong and super intelligent, he tempts people to be bad and they are yet we have nothing to defend ourselves against him even if we pray and fast a lot it is still not enough.

Please don’t say speak to my priest as he is under lockdown.

Each trial makes me weaker so I do not see why God would want me to go through trials all the time.

We often give credit to the devil when it is really plain old free will that allows people to lie and hurt one another.
people always want to destroy me with their lies
Stop putting so much power into what other people say or do. Be a person of truth and love and virtue.
Each trial makes me weaker
A trial is like a workout or a training session or piano practice. We try, we may fail, but we get back up and try again, slowly building our strength and endurance.
he tempts people to be bad and they are yet we have nothing to defend ourselves against him even if we pray and fast a lot it is still not enough.
Give this chapter a read and repeat “resist and he will flee”

St Paul told us exactly what to do:

Battle against Evil.

Finally, draw your strength from the Lord and from his mighty power.

Put on the armor of God so that you may be able to stand firm against the tactics of the devil. For our struggle is not with flesh and blood but with the principalities, with the powers, with the world rulers of this present darkness, with the evil spirits in the heavens. Therefore, put on the armor of God, that you may be able to resist on the evil day and, having done everything, to hold your ground.

So stand fast with your loins girded in truth, clothed with righteousness as a breastplate, and your feet shod in readiness for the gospel of peace. In all circumstances, hold faith as a shield, to quench all [the] flaming arrows of the evil one. And take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.

And about peace, we are promised peace in the midst of storms. Anyone can have peace when there are no storms, that is why our peace passes all understanding.

Fr Jaques Phillipe wrote a very small book titled “Searching For And Maintaining Peace”. I highly recommend it.

Walk away from things that steal your peace, be that conversations or social media or hobbies or habits.

You wrote: “yet there is no peace for some of us” and “we have nothing to defend ourselves against him”
A. Grace is given by God which requires the use of free will to keep it. It is possible for those in a state of sanctifying grace to keep it throughout life (this is a dogma of the Church).

Last edited:
It seems that if you are a bad person you have a great life.
Try to take a glimpse at the best things that happened in your life. You will realize that GOD loves you and you’re special. Don’t always focus on the bad things that happened with your life. There are several reasons for you to be grateful.

Last edited:
It seems no matter how hard I try to be good people always want to destroy me with their lies. It seems that if you are a bad person you have a great life. (Experience has shown me this in general). Didn’t Jesus say we would have peace from him that the world couldn’t give us and yet there is no peace for some of us. The devil is very strong and super intelligent, he tempts people to be bad and they are yet we have nothing to defend ourselves against him even if we pray and fast a lot it is still not enough.

Please don’t say speak to my priest as he is under lockdown.

Each trial makes me weaker so I do not see why God would want me to go through trials all the time.
He’s got only as much power as we let him have.

Last edited:
The devil only has as much power over us as we give him. By himself, he cannot conquer us or harm us in any way. All he can do is tempt us to giving him the power to destroy ourselves.

The devil is very strong and super intelligent, he tempts people to be bad and they are yet we have nothing to defend ourselves against him even if we pray and fast a lot it is still not enough.
GOD is stronger than satan. Yes, he is intelligent but he uses this intelligence for bad. If he is really intelligent, he knows how to use them properly because intelligence is a Gift of God to treasure.

To answer the title, God makes all things as good as He is. satan chooses his own path rather than being humble and obedient. It’s his own choice to be evil, not of God.

Last edited:
Didn’t Jesus say we would have peace from him that the world couldn’t give us and yet there is no peace for some of us.
“Do not think that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I have not come to bring peace, but a sword. For I have come to turn “'a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law…”
Matthew 10:34-35

“I have come to set the world on fire, and I wish it were already burning! I have a terrible baptism of suffering ahead of me, and I am under a heavy burden until it is accomplished. Do you think I have come to bring peace to the earth? No, I have come to divide people against each other! From now on families will be split apart, three in favor of me, and two against—or two in favor and three against."
Luke 12:49-52

Those who curse God and laugh from commandments will always have easier lives. But would you trade 60 years for eternity? 80? 100? Even if you lived 150 years would that time be worth trading for eternity?
The devil only has as much power over us as we give him.
And we give devil power because he tempts us. In other words that’s circular argument if I’ve seen one. Without devil’s temptation no original sin would exist either. He is father of lies, father of sin. We do not sin without devil’s assistance. Not that we couldn’t screw up ourselves but he always meddles in.

And yet if we simply stop permitting ourselves to give in to temptations by becoming resolute and steadfast in fasting and prayer, then we would never need fear the devil again.

And yet if we simply stop permitting ourselves to give in to temptations by becoming resolute and steadfast in fasting and prayer, then we would never need fear the devil again.
I agree, but devil isn’t out of equation. It’s not about not permitting devil to use us but about resisting. It’s active resistance not passive resistance.

It is true Lucifer was from the highest choir or angels. He is powerful and works 24 hours a day to gain souls away from God. But we are not defenseless. We’d have the SACRAMENTS. We have St Michael and we have a guardian angel. We have our Conformation saint and all the Saints in heaven. We also have Mary the Queen of heaven who will crush the head of Satan. We have the rosary. Finally we have Jesus the Christ and His church. Defenseless? I don’t think so.

The devil still had the free will to leave God and become the devil. The devil freely chose to leave God and spend eternity away from Him.

To Suffer,

Offer it up. Who is the Lord of this world? (The Devil) obviously people who do bad are going to benefit from this world.

Jesus offers an escape from this world. All of this suffering will be a fraction of a blink of an eye to us if we make it to Heaven.

Last edited:
God made the devil powerful because He made the angels powerful, and the devil is a fallen angel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back