Why did God make such a powerful devil?

• Thread starter Thread starter Pyjamarama
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
But not without the participation of the person. People who get possessed through ouija boards, for example, would never have been possessed if they hadn’t sat down to mess with the darn thing to begin with.

It seems that you and I are having a similar battle. I expressed this to my priest in confession the other day as I have found myself angry too much. He told me to read Psalm 91 which is helpful. Psalm 91
I’ve come to realize that if satan is after you and you know it, that’s a good sign… Your eyes are open! Remember Satan went after Jesus. Why? the bigger the prize the more he attacks. So consider yourself a valuable prize to him. I’ve been reading scripture more now since I know he is after me. I think before, satan didnt work so hard because I was blind and such an easy target. Not anymore

Last edited:
Each trial makes me weaker so I do not see why God would want me to go through trials all the time.
None of us are strong, not even the Pope. All of us depend on God for strength but we can’t ask while we cling to the illusion that we are already strong.

God never gave me a trial that made me weaker but He gave me plenty that made me realize how weak I already was. Only when I knew my weakness could I truly ask for strength.

It is possible for those in a state of sanctifying grace to keep it throughout life (this is a dogma of the Church).
The problem is there is no confession in my country so I wander around in mortal sin and this makes the spiritual life much harder for me.

Catechism of the Catholic Church
1452 When it arises from a love by which God is loved above all else, contrition is called “perfect” (contrition of charity). Such contrition remits venial sins; it also obtains forgiveness of mortal sins if it includes the firm resolution to have recourse to sacramental confession as soon as possible.51

51 Cf. Council of Trent (1551): DS 1677.

Last edited:
1452 When it arises from a love by which God is loved above all else, contrition is called “perfect” (contrition of charity). Such contrition remits venial sins; it also obtains forgiveness of mortal sins if it includes the firm resolution to have recourse to sacramental confession as soon as possible.51

51 Cf. Council of Trent (1551): DS 1677.
One of the most difficult things to attain and you wouldn’t know if you have attained it or not.

One of the most difficult things to attain and you wouldn’t know if you have attained it or not.
It may be. In perfect contrition the sinner detests sin more than any other evil, because it offends God. More than is a relative term, so anything more than 50% love is sufficient. One cannot be absolutely certain of the state of sanctifying grace short of divine revelation.

Last edited:
I used it because it was cliche. It’s the standard example. But yes, many exorcists and priests warn against the dangers of possession that come with messing with that. It’s the fact people are trying to contact the dead. The board itself is just a means to the dangerous end. Ouija boards would be in the same group as tarot cards or going to psychics.

Prayer for the dead or asking for saints intercession is not the same thing as using a medium to try and contact the dead, who are always demons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back