J
JRKH
Guest
As the title says, I am wondering why God put the “Tree of Knowledge” into the Garden in the first place.
Any Ideas?
Peace
James
Any Ideas?
Peace
James
A couple:As the title says, I am wondering why God put the “Tree of Knowledge” into the Garden in the first place.
Any Ideas?
Peace
James
The youngest of children have a primitive sense of right and wrong that consists basically of “Right is whatever I want; wrong is whatever I get punished for”.As the title says, I am wondering why God put the “Tree of Knowledge” into the Garden in the first place. Any Ideas?
Exactly. Note that the tree isn’t merely the “Tree of Knowledge”, but, more specifically, it is the “Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil”.A couple:
One, it was part of His creation, which was good. So it is simply a statement of Truth.
Two, it is a symbol of the risk of free will. This entails the abililty to define for ourselves what is good or not.
God put the tree of knowledge of good and evil in the Garden of Eden to give Adam and Eve a choice to obey Him or disobey Him.As the title says, I am wondering why God put the “Tree of Knowledge” into the Garden in the first place.