Why do I feel bad?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Eman_resu
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
E

Eman_resu

Guest
Today I had popcorn about an hour before mass started. I brusged my teeth but near the start of mass I realised there were what you could call ‘leftovers’ in my mouth. I took out a couple of bits but I’m pretty sure I swallowed a bit. I know this was most likely not breaking the eucharistic fast but I thought in my mind that I would worry about it later and if it was I had done anything wrong I’d just go to confession. I didn’t even realise I was being presumptous at the time, I’m not sure I even was.I received communion, but I feel bad for some reason, maybe because I was worrying so much in mass.

Anyway do you think I did anything wrong or worth worrying about? I’m most likely being scrupulous and worrying for no reason.
 
Today I had popcorn about an hour before mass started. I brusged my teeth but near the start of mass I realised there were what you could call ‘leftovers’ in my mouth. I took out a couple of bits but I’m pretty sure I swallowed a bit. I know this was most likely not breaking the eucharistic fast but I thought in my mind that I would worry about it later and if it was I had done anything wrong I’d just go to confession. I didn’t even realise I was being presumptous at the time, I’m not sure I even was.I received communion, but I feel bad for some reason, maybe because I was worrying so much in mass.

Anyway do you think I did anything wrong or worth worrying about? I’m most likely being scrupulous and worrying for no reason.
You didn’t do anything wrong.
 
Today I had popcorn about an hour before mass started. I
Anyway do you think I did anything wrong or worth worrying about? I’m most likely being scrupulous and worrying for no reason.
I hope you feel you answered your own dilemna here. Try and relax a little 👍

Peace be with you
xxx
 
I hope you feel you answered your own dilemna here. Try and relax a little 👍

Peace be with you
xxx
Yeah thanks. I think I just feel bad because I got so distracted thinking about that, that it put me off my praying. Also do you think it was wrong that I went up to communion without knowing 100% at the time? I knew I was being scrupulous so knowing this made me go up. And yeah I gotta relax and stop worrying so much.
 
I did a long post but the forum has knocked me out three times already today when I tired to post it and all I get is not logged in:mad:. Don’t happen in emailing… so its not the computer

Being Anglican, I strictly cannot answer you because I have a different take on it, but personally I wouldn’t worry about it.

I think you will find that most Roman Catholics on these boards anyway, I don’t know about in reality because do not know that many. But on here they probably would say that you did nothing wrong.

If you are at all concerned though, next time you are at confession, just simply include it and mention you are worried about it and the priest will hopefully guide you accordingly.

Hope that is helping you relax a little. Something we all need to learn how to do with God
peace
xxx
 
if you generally suffer from scrupulosity (i can so relate. How often I have worried about bits of leftover in my mouth before going to mass… and I can even relate to your other worry about being presumptious (but was it really presumptious? Or was it your healthy mind telling you that it is probably ok anyway? And if you weren’t AWARE you were being presumptious, then again that changes it… etc… scrupulous minds can make whole big stories of things and always find another thing to worry about… I know what i am talking about, right now I am worrying if I am weriting you the right thing 😉 )… ok, but I was going to write: If you are generally scrupulous, then have a look at the “ten commandments for the scrupulous” mission.liguori.org/newsletters/scrupulosity.htm point 4 🙂

Kathrin
 
… do you think it was wrong that I went up to communion without knowing 100% at the time? I knew I was being scrupulous so knowing this made me go up. And yeah I gotta relax and stop worrying so much.
Actually, it’s the other way around. You only have to refrain from receiving Communion if you’re certain that you should not receive Communion due to not fasting or to mortal sin.
 
i’m giving you the benefit of the doubt and assuming you aren’t trolling

firstly, bless you for observing the eucharistic fast. most people i know do not observe it or did not know about it.

second, you did nothing wrong. don’t be so scrupulous. God knows your heart.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top