4
4thelamb
Guest
Hocus Pocus?? What? Did you really just say that? Have you even read your Bible? Everything you just called ‘hocus pocus’ is Truth spoken in Biblical language by a girl who obviously spends time in scripture. Maybe if you were more familiar with the Word of the God you profess to believe in you wouldn’t dare utter something so clumsy! The power, influence, guidance, and real presence of the Spirit has revealed more Truth to the human race than all the history books, historians, scholars, astronomers, astrologers, universities and scientists the world has ever known….combined. I’d believe, ANYDAY, the inspired Word of the Living God, over anything I’ve learned in schools or otherwise, about the “literacy rates of the ages.Be that as it may, did the Canon just magically appear all in one book one day?
I’m sorry, your theory sounds too much like hocus pocus to me.
Of course those “somebodies” were under the influence of the Holy Spirit. But in an age where illiteracy was the norm, learned men were needed to do the sifting, and the most learned men of the time were the clergy of… the Church.
Usually reality is somewhat grittier than our wishful thinking…
I’m very sorry…but belittling the strength and might of the Holy Spirit is one thing that I believe should arouse what the Bible calls, ”righteous anger”, in every person who calls himself a believer.