D
D0UBTFIRE
Guest
I once read Case for Christ and it brought me into mainstream Christianity.
It’s been years, so I don’t remember the arguments well, and honestly, I think I remember reading through all the arguments online back and forth regarding the Resurrection, and I ended up deciding that neither side was really that persuasive, but I wanted it to be true, so since the other side wasn’t too convincing I would make the leap of faith…
Fast forward to today and I’m second guessing that decision. It could be simply because I don’t remember the arguments and I need a refresher. But either way, not knowing why I believe the Resurrection (not having a reason for my faith) really makes me doubt any of it is true…and I’m increasingly uncomfortable with the idea that both sides have good arguments, and that I just arbitrarily chose a side without being TOTALLY convinced. (I was younger, what can I say, we’ve all done silly things in our past.)
I know I could go online and search out these arguments, for and against it, but I decided to start here, asking all of you, why do you believe it? I’m hoping to get some insightful responses!!
Thanks in advance.
P.S. Isn’t my name “d0ubtfire” perfect for me?? I picked it when I signed up for Catholic Answers years ago because I couldn’t think of a name and I remembered that scene from Mrs. Doubtfire where Robin Williams picks a name from two unrelated words in a newspaper. And now, if you read my other posts, you see that I’m doubting everything…this just really struck me as ironic LOL and I had to point it out!
It’s been years, so I don’t remember the arguments well, and honestly, I think I remember reading through all the arguments online back and forth regarding the Resurrection, and I ended up deciding that neither side was really that persuasive, but I wanted it to be true, so since the other side wasn’t too convincing I would make the leap of faith…
Fast forward to today and I’m second guessing that decision. It could be simply because I don’t remember the arguments and I need a refresher. But either way, not knowing why I believe the Resurrection (not having a reason for my faith) really makes me doubt any of it is true…and I’m increasingly uncomfortable with the idea that both sides have good arguments, and that I just arbitrarily chose a side without being TOTALLY convinced. (I was younger, what can I say, we’ve all done silly things in our past.)
I know I could go online and search out these arguments, for and against it, but I decided to start here, asking all of you, why do you believe it? I’m hoping to get some insightful responses!!
Thanks in advance.
P.S. Isn’t my name “d0ubtfire” perfect for me?? I picked it when I signed up for Catholic Answers years ago because I couldn’t think of a name and I remembered that scene from Mrs. Doubtfire where Robin Williams picks a name from two unrelated words in a newspaper. And now, if you read my other posts, you see that I’m doubting everything…this just really struck me as ironic LOL and I had to point it out!