K
Kronk
Guest
So I’m just gonna start off by saying I’m quite sick at the moment and have had only 4 hours of sleep so if I’m not so coherent that would be why 
So, my questions aren’t really to do with why God answers prayers in general, he loves us of course, but I’m more unsure about it related to praying for other people or ourselves to help us in specific situations (eg. Praying for people affected by hurricanes or tsunamis, or unfair treatment by higher-ups, etc.).
As usual I can’t really put into words why I am unsure, like I can say “well why not?” and I can’t come up with reasoning, but that doesn’t exactly give me any solid ground on this subject.
So, main points of doubt I find easier to just out in dot-point format:
Of course none of these are like “faith or atheist” questions, in fact I enjoy a more hardcore version of God than what I grew up thinking, so having hard questions corrected, even if I don’t like the answer, I think is good for reflection.
Many thanks as well y’all, you’ve all been amazing help, according to the priest that’s helping me convert, if all goes well my baptism should happen this month!
So, my questions aren’t really to do with why God answers prayers in general, he loves us of course, but I’m more unsure about it related to praying for other people or ourselves to help us in specific situations (eg. Praying for people affected by hurricanes or tsunamis, or unfair treatment by higher-ups, etc.).
As usual I can’t really put into words why I am unsure, like I can say “well why not?” and I can’t come up with reasoning, but that doesn’t exactly give me any solid ground on this subject.
So, main points of doubt I find easier to just out in dot-point format:
- Why does God help people in natural disasters if he permitted them to happen?
- Why does God help people only from our prayers? What about the others?
- With regards to free will, how does intervening to save/help not violate it?
- Why does he sometimes not respond and help those whose lives are in danger when we pray for them?
Of course none of these are like “faith or atheist” questions, in fact I enjoy a more hardcore version of God than what I grew up thinking, so having hard questions corrected, even if I don’t like the answer, I think is good for reflection.
Many thanks as well y’all, you’ve all been amazing help, according to the priest that’s helping me convert, if all goes well my baptism should happen this month!