P
Pablopedro
Guest
I’m not trying to be mean, I promise…but it doesn’t really seem like you really read through the responses you’ve been given.Thanks for your responses.
I’m still struggling. All of these seem like such small, human feelings and reactions.
I get that he created us. But why does it matter to him who or what gets the credit? Why would god even be concerned about getting credit?
From my perspective, I don’t care if I get the credit for birthing and parenting my children. I just want them to be kind and good. Why would it matter for an infinite being more that a human?
I guess the more that I see of these kinds of answers, the more I feel like maybe God is a human creation rather than the other way around. Why else would he be so petty, just like we are? Jealous, just like we are?
I don’t know. Like I said, I’m on a journey. And the answers I’m getting here, and the discussions I follow have lead me to this place. I’ve been trying so hard to hold on to belief, but I feel him slipping away more and more every day.
Let me try and word it another way though.
We cannot be happy, fulfilled, fully “actualized”, truly joyful, whole, healed, etc, without having a relationship with God. We cannot have a relationship with God if we do not believe in him.
God cares if we believe in him not for his sake but for ours.