I
Iowander
Guest
In Exodus 4:24-27, God seeks to kill Moses but leaves him alone once Moses’ wife circumcises their son.
This is while Moses is on the way to begin the mission that God just sent him to do, so I don’t understand why God all of a sudden seems to change his mind.
The only way that I can make sense of this is that the son was born sometime after Moses’ encounter with God in the burning bush but before they set out on their journey. Maybe Moses is somehow intending to defy God at this point by not circumcising his son? Is this right? Can anyone explain it this passage to me?
This is while Moses is on the way to begin the mission that God just sent him to do, so I don’t understand why God all of a sudden seems to change his mind.
The only way that I can make sense of this is that the son was born sometime after Moses’ encounter with God in the burning bush but before they set out on their journey. Maybe Moses is somehow intending to defy God at this point by not circumcising his son? Is this right? Can anyone explain it this passage to me?