Why does God love us more when we admit our frailities?

  • Thread starter Thread starter CRATUS
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
The value of humility is high in God’s eyes, it’s no wonder that God would reward those who cultivate it.
 
God loves us more than we can imagine, regardless of our state of mind. Admitting our frailty is one way we can make ourselves more receptive to his constant love. ❤️
 
Nevertheless I am interested in what Augustine had to say about it.
 
I don’t know the quote by St. Augustine, but one reason admitting our frailties brings us closer to God is that God is Truth, and so understanding our (true) limitations brings us closer to Him.

Good luck in your search!

–Jen
 
He loves, He hopes, He waits. Our Lord prefers to wait Himself for the sinner for years rather than keep us waiting an instant.

St. Maria Goretti
 
I wouldn’t speak of the degree of God’s love for individuals. I don’t know how to do this. If Saint Augustine did, I don’t know.
However, God detests sins, and so greatly appreciates our striving to do away with them. God is all-good, and so dislikes sin in great degree. He loves us purifying our souls from our sins.
This is not to speak of sinners, and he sent his only Son to save us all, an astonishing act on the part of the Father.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top