Why don't Catholics Evangalize?

• Thread starter Thread starter dhgray
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I read somewhere that the typical Mormon missionary if successful will bring two people into the church in a year. Doesn’t sound like that many to me. Doesn’t sound to successful to me either. They may learn to talk about there faith, but I don’t see the door to door thing as being the best choice for evangelization.

I have had the chance to talk with more people about my faith just by living it. In my office at work, you will find a bible and a crucifix on my bookshelf. You would be surprised at how many fallen away catholic’s in my office have asked me what parish I go to, and all sorts of questions. I always invite them to church with me, and sometimes they even accept.

40.png
RichT:
I read somewhere that the typical Mormon missionary if successful will bring two people into the church in a year. Doesn’t sound like that many to me. Doesn’t sound to successful to me either. They may learn to talk about there faith, but I don’t see the door to door thing as being the best choice for evangelization.

I have had the chance to talk with more people about my faith just by living it. In my office at work, you will find a bible and a crucifix on my bookshelf. You would be surprised at how many fallen away catholic’s in my office have asked me what parish I go to, and all sorts of questions. I always invite them to church with me, and sometimes they even accept.
For Me personally it was a lack of boldness at the time. Praise God today I have that boldness. and like Joshua said ,Be Bold Be Strong for the Lord your God is with you. 👍

I do.

I think many Catholics need to be evangelized to their own faith and doctrine.

In helping to teach apologetics, I was amazed at the number of Catholics that had such a meager knowledge of their faith and not much in the way of personal experience with a personal God in the person of Jesus Christ. I guess I should thank my parents for my formation.

It is paramount to live the Christian example. It is also paramount to allow the Holy Spirit to guide you in evangelization. Whenever I witness to a person, I first ask the Holy Spirit if I should say anything and what I should say. Sometimes He tells me to shut my mouth. Other times He tells me to talk to a person. One day while at work He prompted me to go talk to a co-worker whom I had never met. I was reluctant and asked Him if that was really what He wanted. The idea was very insistent, so I obliged and in the ensuing conversation found out that this man had just been diagnosed with cancer that day. He was an unchurched person and was wondering about God and thinking about going to church for the first time. Both he and his wife have taken great comfort in the fact that God saw fit to intervene in their lives.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back