J
Jon_S_1
Guest
It really isn’t an issue. That’s why it won’t change. If people don’t want the wine they are perfectly fine having the host only. Jesus is fully present in both.Can’t the priest Consecrate the wine while it is in the bottle?
The spilling would be a problem…glasses a little larger so as not to spill???
Only glasses for the amount of people in attendance need be filled.
I am becoming a Catholic (hopefully) starting this spring and I really do appreciate your
answers.
Yes, the Baptist use grape juice and the Catholics ARE CORRECT and believe that the wine is the true blood of Christ.
Thank you and God Bless
The priest mixes water with the wine and consecrates it. So filling small cups would be a problem.
My parish typically has about four cups they use.
The most I’ve seen is maybe 20 at a very large mass.
But to fill up 500-2000 cups would take forever and greatly increase the risk of spilling.
As you know the baptist church uses teams of people to tediously full the cups. This is why my old evangelical church only did communion quarterly.
It was too much trouble to do it more often.
By the way ! Congrats on pursuing the Catholic Faith!
I started this road two years ago and I cannot wait until Easter Vigil and my confirmation. Christ’s One Holy and Apostolic church is such a Blessing.