Why eat to remember?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Taoist
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, i know nothing in comparison to you guys, thank you! lol

God be with you
 
Nevim,

Your charges of anti-Semitism are certainly selective. Do you disqualify Luke and Paul on the same grounds? Look at how the Book of Acts ends:
5 And when they agreed not among themselves, they departed, after that Paul had spoken one word, Well spake the Holy Ghost by Esaias the prophet unto our fathers,
26 Saying, Go unto this people, and say, Hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and not perceive:
27 For the heart of this people is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes have they closed; lest they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.
28 Be it known therefore unto you, that the salvation of God is sent unto the Gentiles, and that they will hear it.
There are numerous other quotes that you would benefit from reading to show that salvation is not restricted to the Jews, as with Peter and Cornelius, but is for all men.
 
Nice try but Y'shua is the Lamb of God is a figure or metaphor:
Did not St. John the Baptist say, “Behold the Lamb of God” when refering to Jesus?
 
…
First off sir, I suggest you don’t know the meaning of the word " Church" secondly the ECF where not the followers of the Apostles, most the ECF were anti-semitic, and Hellenist’s. And btw the Book of Acts does not support the Catholic church as the orginal faith of the Apostles.
That is certainly an interesting twist to history. Mind telling us what your source for this view is?
Hi Nevim,

I am reading many, many claims by you with absolutely not one link or source for your information.

While I certainly would like to consider your claims, right now, they are just unsubstantiated except by your own word.

God Bless,
Maria
What information? Catholics here post all sorts of information with no links or sources, you know the pot and kettle routine yes ?

All I ask is that you read and study the posted Scriptures. The Sources for the anti-semitism of the ECF I have given, I have no idea what else you would like.
Hi Nevim.

I went back and looked just to be sure, but until the post AFTER the one in which I asked for sources, you had posted nothing towards your “anit-semitism” charge against the ECF.

Although since I see I did not specifically ask for it in the last post I made, (Although I clearly did back in about post 105), I can see that you may have been confused.

You posted your ECF in post #133 and say they are anti-semetic. Could you please pick one (or more) of them and go into more detail as to what exactly is anti-semetic?

I do not see anti-semitism in there and would appreciate it if you could explain in a little detail what exactly is anti-semetic about those comments of the ECF.

May God keep you safe,
Maria
 
Nevim, what about your side on my reply to your blood and body ??

Did you get my post?
Ah, I don’t think so…send me a link if you can.
40.png
Abiien:
Anyway… all fighting aside, May the Grace of God be with you.
(Edited as per Moderator PM)
 
Hi Nevim.

I went back and looked just to be sure, but until the post AFTER the one in which I asked for sources, you had posted nothing towards your “anit-semitism” charge against the ECF.

Although since I see I did not specifically ask for it in the last post I made, (Although I clearly did back in about post 105), I can see that you may have been confused.

You posted your ECF in post #133 and say they are anti-semetic. Could you please pick one (or more) of them and go into more detail as to what exactly is anti-semetic?

I do not see anti-semitism in there and would appreciate it if you could explain in a little detail what exactly is anti-semetic about those comments of the ECF.

May God keep you safe,
Maria
Ok. but if I may are you Italian ? If you are replace the quote with “Italian” instead of Jew and you tell me if it’s not anti-Italian.

“St” John Chrysostom, nicked named “Golden Mouth”, is more like Foul Mouth Biggot to me. He was a highly respected and influential fourth Century leader, and Church Father, and a supposed committed follower of Y’shua, wrote about the Jews
" ( They are) inverterate murders, destroyers, men possessed by the devil …Debauchery and drunkenness have given them the manners of the pig and the lusty goat. They know only one thing, to satisfy thier gullets, get drunk, to kill and maim one another …They have surpassed the ferocity of wild beasts, for they murder their offspring and immolate the to the devil… they are capable of only evil…Their synagogues many be liken to a abode of Satan…Their souls are the abode of devil… The Jewish disease must be guarded against …Christians may never cease vengenace, and the Jew must live in servitude forever. God has always hated the Jews, and whoever has intgercourse with the Jews will be rejected in the Judgement day. It is the Christians duty to hate the Jews. ( * Homilies against the Jews* 1:2-6; 6:1-6). Sounds more like Hitler not a supposed “Golden Mouth” believer in the JEWISH Messiah ! Now in place of the word Jew insert Italians or whatever nationality you are and you tell me how what hate filled biggotry that is.

Now for another much love by the RCC so called ECF one Thomas Aquinas:
" The Jew is nothing more than an animal or servant…It would be licit, according to custom, to hold Jews …in perpetual servitude, and therefore princes may regard their possessions as belonging to the state." ( * Letter to the Duchess of Brabant* )

Herein lies the roots of the Holocaust, and btw Evganelicals haven’t been much better esp Clavin and Luther.
Those two men along with all the other Jew-haters are not in Heaven with the Lord unless they repented and I highly doubt they did.
 
Nevim,

Your charges of anti-Semitism are certainly selective. Do you disqualify Luke and Paul on the same grounds? Look at how the Book of Acts ends:
And they need to be selective, not all Christains are anti-semetic. Niether can you put the term the Jews meaning as all the Jews.
40.png
Truthstalker:
There are numerous other quotes that you would benefit from reading to show that salvation is not restricted to the Jews, as with Peter and Cornelius, but is for all men.
I never said or impiled any such thing, I haven’t the foggest notion on how you came come to that conculsion.
 
Wow. Okay, first the Early Church Fathers were no more anti-semitic than Peter and the apostles.
Evidently you never read the quotes I gave now be honest where do you see Peter or Paul ever saying something like this: “St” John Chrysostom, nicked named “Golden Mouth”, is more like Foul Mouth Biggot to me. He was a highly respected and influential fourth Century leader, and Church Father, and a supposed committed follower of Y’shua, wrote about the Jews
" ( They are) inverterate murders, destroyers, men possessed by the devil …Debauchery and drunkenness have given them the manners of the pig and the lusty goat. They know only one thing, to satisfy thier gullets, get drunk, to kill and maim one another …They have surpassed the ferocity of wild beasts, for they murder their offspring and immolate the to the devil… they are capable of only evil…Their synagogues many be liken to a abode of Satan…Their souls are the abode of devil… The Jewish disease must be guarded against …Christians may never cease vengenace, and the Jew must live in servitude forever. God has always hated the Jews, and whoever has intgercourse with the Jews will be rejected in the Judgement day. It is the Christians duty to hate the Jews. ( Homilies against the Jews 1:2-6; 6:1-6). Sounds more like Hitler not a supposed “Golden Mouth” believer in the JEWISH Messiah ! Now in place of the word Jew insert Italians or whatever nationality you are and you tell me how what hate filled biggotry that is.

Now for another much love by the RCC so called ECF one Thomas Aquinas:
" The Jew is nothing more than an animal or servant…It would be licit, according to custom, to hold Jews …in perpetual servitude, and therefore princes may regard their possessions as belonging to the state." ( Letter to the Duchess of Brabant )
 
Dancelittleewok;1694749:
Obiviously it’s was not a literal statement.
When John the Baptist refered to Jesus, he said, “Behold the Lamb of God, make straight His paths.” Furthermore, John uses the Lamb to describe Jesus in the book of Revelation.

How is this a metaphor?
 
Oh… and let us not forget good ol’ Martin Luther himself who had this to say concerning the uniformity of the Early Church Fathers on this subject:
“… of all the fathers, as many as you can name, not one has ever spoken about the sacrament as these fanatics do. None of them uses such an expression as, ‘It is simply bread and wine,’ or ‘Christ’s body and blood are not present.’ Yet this subject is so frequently discussed by them, it is impossible that they should not at some time have let slip such an expression as, ‘It is simply bread’ or ‘Not that the body of Christ is physically present,’ or the like, since they are greatly concerned not to mislead the people; actually, they simply proceed to speak as if no one doubted that Christ’s body and blood are present. Certainly among so many fathers and so many writings a negative argument should have turned up at least once, as happens in other articles; but actually they all stand unifornily and consistently on the affirmative side.” - Luther’s Works, vol. 37 pg 54.
Don’t forget Calvin as well. I never said that the Protestants were any better, I am not a Luthern or Calvinist either, don’t forget that both men were ex-catholics.
 
Having drifted off topic this thread is now closed. Thanks to all who participated.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top