B
Bobby_Ray
Guest
I’ve been thinking about this issue lately, and I just can’t seem to find an answer to it.
A little background: I’ve recently been in a loong period of doubt in God. It seems like everytime I pray for the doubt to go away, it just gets a stronger. It’s a weird place I’m in right now. So many questions are popping into my head, but I think this is one of the more profound ones.
Why does God want us to have faith? If God wanted us to join him in Heaven, why would he give us the opportunity to reject him. (I know the standard answer is going to be free will.)
For example: Adam and Eve definitely knew that God existed as they conversed with him. Why in our modern day and age, have to have faith to know God? It’s just a question that troubles my mind.
I was just hoping for some insight on it.
Thanks!
A little background: I’ve recently been in a loong period of doubt in God. It seems like everytime I pray for the doubt to go away, it just gets a stronger. It’s a weird place I’m in right now. So many questions are popping into my head, but I think this is one of the more profound ones.
Why does God want us to have faith? If God wanted us to join him in Heaven, why would he give us the opportunity to reject him. (I know the standard answer is going to be free will.)
For example: Adam and Eve definitely knew that God existed as they conversed with him. Why in our modern day and age, have to have faith to know God? It’s just a question that troubles my mind.
I was just hoping for some insight on it.
Thanks!