H
HabemusFrancis
Guest
I haven’t always been a faithful disciple of church doctrine.
There was a time when I flirted with " progressive Catholocism" and even agnosticism and irreligion. I used to think there was no reason to ban gay “marriage”, thinking “live and let live” and what harm could it do?
I think Ive discovered though, that the greatest harm homosexual unions do is in terms of child rearing. If a child is raised by a homosexual couple, either through adoption or in vitro fertilization, you are denying the child of a mother and a father in their lives.
I realize due to circumstances not every child can be raised by their biological parents, and due to unfortunate circumstances, must be taken in by others. With homosexual couples, it seems it is a desirable outcome for children to not be raised by their biological parents ( and the homosexual couple instead of them.)
I also take exception to people saying that some kids will just grow up with “two dads” or “two moms”. Anyone should know that is false, and in such a situation there is simply a mother or father who exists but simply is not in the picture ( and not wanted, at least by the gay parents.)
I don’t mean to sound harsh or critical, but as gay marriage is gaining steam in the United States, I have just been thinking about it in ways I haven’t before. The inconvenient fact is, a homosexual couple is not and never can be the same as a heterosexual one. It’s as if the left would have us believe that the unique roles of “mother” and “father” are worthless and unworthy of distinction.
Am I pretty much on mark? I know there are other reasons to forbid it, yet this seems to me the most important…
There was a time when I flirted with " progressive Catholocism" and even agnosticism and irreligion. I used to think there was no reason to ban gay “marriage”, thinking “live and let live” and what harm could it do?
I think Ive discovered though, that the greatest harm homosexual unions do is in terms of child rearing. If a child is raised by a homosexual couple, either through adoption or in vitro fertilization, you are denying the child of a mother and a father in their lives.
I realize due to circumstances not every child can be raised by their biological parents, and due to unfortunate circumstances, must be taken in by others. With homosexual couples, it seems it is a desirable outcome for children to not be raised by their biological parents ( and the homosexual couple instead of them.)
I also take exception to people saying that some kids will just grow up with “two dads” or “two moms”. Anyone should know that is false, and in such a situation there is simply a mother or father who exists but simply is not in the picture ( and not wanted, at least by the gay parents.)
I don’t mean to sound harsh or critical, but as gay marriage is gaining steam in the United States, I have just been thinking about it in ways I haven’t before. The inconvenient fact is, a homosexual couple is not and never can be the same as a heterosexual one. It’s as if the left would have us believe that the unique roles of “mother” and “father” are worthless and unworthy of distinction.
Am I pretty much on mark? I know there are other reasons to forbid it, yet this seems to me the most important…