H
HerCrazierHalf
Guest
As part of my Fiancé’s obligation to raise any future children in the Catholic faith she will likely baptize our child as an infant. I understand that without this the state of our future child’s soul would be a gray area should they expire. I have also heard that it is recommended that infants be baptized as soon as practical.
My issue is that I view baptism as something one chooses to do as part of one’s faith journey (for lack of a better phrase). But an infant had not reached the age of reason and has no ability to choose or even understand what is going on or what it means.
Why are infants baptized if they can neither make the choice or understand what it means? Why not wait until the age of reason?
My issue is that I view baptism as something one chooses to do as part of one’s faith journey (for lack of a better phrase). But an infant had not reached the age of reason and has no ability to choose or even understand what is going on or what it means.
Why are infants baptized if they can neither make the choice or understand what it means? Why not wait until the age of reason?