Okay, this is going to be fun

.
Well, BTW, my extended family is Catholic however my mother strayed due to hurts she believed was caused by her “religion”. So here I am trying to make sense of it all.
Back to the subject. The reason I believe that Catholics worship Mary is because of the word Worship. Worship comes from the Latin/Greek Wor. Wor means to Worth. To put your worth into something. In other words the Lord gave me this revelation. Picture that you have all of your worth in a bag of Gold. If you place all of your worth on something other than God himself … such as on His creation then your are worshipping an idol.
Mary seems to be exhalted in what I see of the Catholic Religion… I mean I see pictures of Mary or “Mother of Grace” etc more than I see Jesus himself. Which of cours everyone loves Mary, who wouldn’t. But when she herself had denied Jesus. Why is she so holy? I just feel that she has become an idol. I feel that Catholics may be a little mislead. Trust me I really just want to know the TRUTH (Jesus is the Truth), as we all do, and these are just questions I had. Thanks for your replies!
To understand our relationship with the Blessed Virgin Mary, you would have to understand how we view the Church.
Catholics believe that through baptism, we become members of Gods family.
We actually become adopted sons and daughters of God. So we have God as our father, Jesus is our brother, and Mary is our mother. At the foot of the cross, Jesus gave his mother to John; we believe that this was also pointing to the fact that Jesus was also giving his mother to the Church. Now someone might say that he was being rude by calling her “woman”, but Jesus was referencing back to Genesis and referring to Mary as the new Eve, (Jesus being the new Adam)
When the Catholic Church wrote the Nicene Creed, it really meant it when it wrote that “we believe in the communion of Saints”
We believe in The Church here on earth (the Church Militant), the Church in purgatory (the Church Suffering), and the Church in Heaven (the Church Triumphant).
Although Christians may be physically separated from each other by the barrier of death, they nonetheless remain united to each other in one Church, and support each other in prayer.
So even though it might seem to Protestants that we are worshiping Mary, we are just honoring our mother, and we pray to her, because we believe that she can hear our prayers. (The book of Revelation shows the saints in Heaven handing God our prayers) We view this just like when you would ask another Christian to pray for you.
But we are not worshiping Mary, even if there are a lot of pictures, and statues of her. When we pray before a picture or statue, we do not think that the picture or statue is her, or a deity, but it helps us focus on her.
If it seems like there are a lot more pictures of Mary that Jesus in a church, you must keep in mind that for one, we have the crucifix near the altar (to remind us how much our Lord loved us) , and we believe that Jesus is actually present at every Mass in the Eucharist; it is not just a symbol.