Why is Mary worshipped?

  • Thread starter Thread starter christ_is_lord
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
No; you want to know what’s stupid? Turning away an inquirer’s question about the faith, and being totally uncharitable toward your neighbor.

You should be ashamed of yourself.
I think you need to look through the entire thread before accusing someone of being uncharatible. The OP came with some scripture that had nothing to do with worshipping Mary, got smug on the next post & that was it.

#1
Originally Posted by christ is lord
32A crowd was sitting around him, and they told him, “Your mother and brothers are outside looking for you.”
33"Who are my mother and my brothers?" he asked.
34Then he looked at those seated in a circle around him and said, “Here are my mother and my brothers! 35Whoever does God’s will is my brother and sister and mother.”
#2
Originally Posted by christ is lord
Okay, this is going to be fun .
Well, BTW, my extended family is Catholic however my mother strayed due to hurts she believed was caused by her “religion”. So here I am trying to make sense of it all.
Back to the subject. The reason I believe that Catholics worship Mary is because of the word Worship. Worship comes from the Latin/Greek Wor. Wor means to Worth. To put your worth into something. In other words the Lord gave me this revelation. Picture that you have all of your worth in a bag of Gold. If you place all of your worth on something other than God himself … such as on His creation then your are worshipping an idol.
Mary seems to be exhalted in what I see of the Catholic Religion… I mean I see pictures of Mary or “Mother of Grace” etc more than I see Jesus himself. Which of cours everyone loves Mary, who wouldn’t. But when she herself had denied Jesus. Why is she so holy? I just feel that she has become an idol. I feel that Catholics may be a little mislead. Trust me I really just want to know the TRUTH (Jesus is the Truth), as we all do, and these are just questions I had. Thanks for your replies!
I think that Thistle, as well as most of us are tired & frustrated by these hit & run posters. If the OP had a genuine question or concern I think there would be some kind of response by now don’t you think? Most people here have been very charitible.
 
Originally Posted by mommyof4
Since we all got smacked in the face with a hit and run, how about if we just stop replying to this tread until the OP returns and either asks some intelligent questions, or refutes what we wrote?

So its okay for you to make such comments but you condemn me and others as being catty!! Very interesting!!
:rotfl: Really! Since Mommyof4 “apologized” for us, should we “apologize” for her? 😉
 
The OP’s question (and allegation) having been more than adequately answered, **this thread is now closed.
**
As always maintain the highest level of charity and never stoop to the level of an anti-Catholic.

Remember 1st Peter 3:15-17.
15: but in your hearts reverence Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to make a defense to any one who calls you to account for the hope that is in you, yet do it with gentleness and reverence;
16: and keep your conscience clear, so that, when you are abused, those who revile your good behavior in Christ may be put to shame.
17: For it is better to suffer for doing right, if that should be God’s will, than for doing wrong.

MF
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top