V
Verita
Guest
Yes! If you haven’t before, take a good look at the passages in the OT where God instructs the Israelites in the construction of the tabernacle and the temple of Solomon. God actually dictated that the richest materials be used. Gold altar, gold ark of the covenant, etc. And he dictated what the priests would wear. It wasn’t rags. The priests of the OT wore very ornate robes.Does God really care about these artifacts?
And if you think that this was only something God wanted then and now he’s changed his mind, remember that God is the same yesterday, today and forever!
I used to have a similar mindset when I was a protestant (as many protestants do) until one day attending Mass with my husband I looked around and realized that I was in the middle of the OT! It was like being inside the tabernacle, only now the Holy of Holies isn’t withheld from us.
