Why no veil?

  • Thread starter Thread starter FatherOfTwelve
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is Ms. Frye’s opinion (and others) that it was only a requirement of the period.
A period lasting hundreds and hundreds of years. Isn’t that crazy, to just toss it to the curb because of a change in cultural trends? :rolleyes: Of course it is - and that’s why it never happened.
Think about the Friday abstinence rule. How many of you are aware that it remains the UNIVERSAL NORM in the WHOLE CHURCH for ALL Fridays (not just Lent) to require meat abstinence? But that in the U.S. the “Indult” was couched in such ambiguous language that to this day, respected people on BOTH sides can quite clearly argue from BOTH sides that “it is still a requirement”. “It is not a requirement.”
:yup:
And while this differs slightly from the case of the Latin Mass which was NEVER ABROGATED but was treated as though it was, and even pronounced by MANY CLERGY, even some very high-ranking ones, to be “GONE”. . .it never truly was.
:yup:
I think there are going to be quite a few traditions (big and little) brought back in order to assist our Catholic identity in many ways.
I certainly hope so. 👍

~Liza
 
👍 Me too! :signofcross: I love being Catholic, looking like I R 1, acting like I R 1 and hopefully going on to be a saint like I R 1… God willing 😃
“Be a Saint, what else is there?”:heaven:
Blessings to all, Peace be with you,
Your Sister in Christ Jesus and His Blessed Mother,
Mary Teresa, OSSM
 
I do cover my head (not only at Mass, but anywhere in public), but I do it because God put it on my heart to do so, not because any mortal being told me to. Maybe not all women feel this calling?

Miz
You do well young lady (?),because even St Paul writes in I Cor. 11:13, " Judge in yourself:
is it comely (seemly) that a woman pray unto God uncovered?" It would seem however, not to be a commandment as such - more an accepted custom of the day. What you think? Regard. O.N.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top