Well, I would suggest you be careful what you read, there’s a lot of misinformation out there. I’m getting most of mine from people who study QM for a living, and though I’m aware of problems between QM and general relativity, last I checked the connection between QM and Newtonian Physics was pretty solid, but I’ll admit I can’t exclude the possibility that I’m wrong.
I’m certain that ‘quantum mechanics and classical mechanics have been perfectly reconciled’ is wrong. That’s all.
I see no reason why it must go there. Again, I’ve already given examples where that will likely not happen, where divine intervention would be the best explanation and would likely remain so.
Like what? The moon being made of cheese? The route I’ve gone down is showing what happens if there was an exceptional, modern, fully documented case of a limb growing back. It does nothing. It can’t do anything for the argument, because when your view of the world is wholly naturalist and materialist, that’s that. If you find something that runs contrary to such a world view, all you can assume is that either your senses are faulty, the evidence is faulty, or there’s something you’ve just plain missed.
Because we know those things go away on their own by natural means, it’s not an arbitrary measure, it’s a noticable inverse coorelation. If god heals cancer then why not amputees? The more something would lend credence to his existence, the more he avoids it, either he’s hiding, or he’s not there.
Like I said - we’ve had posts in this thread where miracles of amputees being cured have been alleged. Now we’re asking for better documentation, because those reports are going to be disbelieved (despite being, apparently, first-hand accounts.) We’ve had other incidents of reported miracles - that’s why the argument centers on a very specific type of miracle, and one that is usually targeted at faith healers in particular. Because claims of the other types of miracles exist, and many people would rather not talk about those.
And ‘by natural means’? We still don’t understand what’s going on with spontaneous remission (and we don’t fully understand the placebo effect, for that matter) - if we did, we’d be doing our best to induce it in people medically. The assumption is that it is entirely natural, sure. I don’t see a perfect wall where the natural breaks down into the supernatural, personally.
That’s not the same at all. Asking for an arm to regrow has a purpose besides seeking proof or disproof of his existence, and I don’t think anyone would respond to regrowing a limb with “well, what a coincidence”. Equating regrowing a limb and raising the dead with headling a cold sore seems to be the crux of your arguement, and I’m not buying it. It’s not an arbitrary difference.
No, they’d regard it as a freak occurrence - but if they were atheists for whom it was important to remain atheists, they would not ascribe it to a miracle. Why would they bother? It would, at most, be a mystery - and mysteries alone never convinced people who already arrived at their conclusion of choice.
Take a look at the miracle of the sun at Fatima. I’m pretty sure James Randi himself responded to it with ‘Well, given how many so-called prophets make predictions, it shouldn’t be a surprise if once in a great while one of their predictions come true.’ And I’m willing to bet, in 200 years, many Catholics will still look to it as a sign from God, and atheists will explain it away as they will (‘Pure luck’, ‘Mass hallucination’, ‘It never really happened.’) It simply does not work out the way you’re claiming.