M
Mijoy2
Guest
My friend, Jesus was born amongst animals in a manjor. His ministry lasted 3 years before He was crucified. He came to earth in humble fashion, preached love and was crucified. What followed was 2000 years of earth changing and defining events.How does this make anything I said an exaggeration?
"Nicodemus and Gamaliel were scribes and Hillel also for that matter. The young ruler who came to Jesus asking questions was no doubt a Scribe and Jesus said to him, “Thou art not far from the kingdom of God,” (Mark 12:32-34) and He referred to some of His followers who would go to proclaim His truth as “scribes” (Matt 23:34). "
Josephus is more then controversial, it is beyond a shadow of a doubt a forgery. We know the time and place and likely person that did it because copies we have before that time are missing the passage and copies after that time have it, and those making the copies had the motive and opportunity and the passages don’t make any sense comming from Josephus and aren’t writen in the same style. The fact that Christians still use Josephus as evidence of Jesus’s existence just goes to show that they’re grasping for straws.
Tacitus is no better then the gospels, he was writing 200 years after the fact and only repeating rumors that he heard, that there was some cult following a guy named Christus. Last I read his work I seem to recall him seemingly being unaware even that Christ was dead. Tacitus is also notorious for speaking alogorically.
When did I ever use logic like that? I said it was silly to believe that Jesus was divine “because the bible says so”. I noted that we’d never use such logic on anything else, for various reasons that I shouldn’t have to explain. You want me to drag through the internet and prove to you that 2 + 2 = 4. well, sorry, no thanks.
That’s nothing similar to what I said at all.
Let’s cut to the heart of the matter. I don’t really care if Christ existed or not. You apparently are so hyper-sensitive that anything that could possibly be seen as unsupportive of your beliefs you find personally insulting. Just because you’re insecure about your faith doesn’t mean you need to lash out at other people. Chill.
The Roman’s did not write of Jesus because Jesus was not important by wordly standards, as is true today. He was not wordly, He is God.
“I don’t really care is Christ existed or not”.
I believe you may not care if Christ didn’t exist. If He did exist I believe you would care.
Your evidence of Christ not existing and Zeus being as worthy of belief doesn’t hold water. But I respect your opinion(s).
You care, or you’d be elsewhere. I wish you well and hope you find the Truth you look for.
Ever read “The Great Divorce” by C.S.Lewis? I’d recommend it. It’s a little book and a brief fun read.