"Why should I let you into heaven?"

  • Thread starter Thread starter Lifeisawesome
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Because you are my love and I have been longing for you all my life.
You know my desire and my thirst for you, Lord.
Your thoughts are moving, and good, and right. However, I tend to lean towards those answers that point to his sufficiency - his work - his grace… Maybe it is my training as an evangelical… My favorite answer of all time is from Father Neuhaus (God rest his soul).

“When I come before the judgment throne, I will plead the promise of God in the shed blood of Jesus Christ. I will not plead any work I have done, although I will thank God that he has enabled me to do some good. I will plead no merits other than the merits of Christ, knowing that the merits of Mary and the saints are all from him; and for their company, their example, and their prayers through my earthly life I will give everlasting thanks. I will not plead that I had faith, for sometimes I was unsure of my faith, and in any event that would be to turn faith into a meritorious work of my own. I will not plead that I held the correct understanding of ‘justification by faith alone,’ although I will thank God that that he led me to know ever more fully the great truth that much misunderstood doctrine was intended to protect. Whatever little growth in holiness I have experienced, whatever strength I have received from the company of the saints, whatever understanding I have attained of God and his ways…these and all other gifts I will bring gratefully to the throne. But in seeking entry to that heavenly kingdom, I will, with Dysmas, look to Christ and Christ alone.”

Death on a Friday Afternoon: Meditations on the Last Words of Jesus from the Cross
 
When I get to heaven I know Jesus isn’t going to ask me how many times I prayed the rosary , or how many times I prayed because he already knows, but what I will tell him is this:

When I was hungry did u feed me and I feed the poor not just with the word of God but with food.

When I was naked did u clothe me yes I did.

When I was thirsty did u give me drink yes I did.

Corperal ( can’t spell its late ) works of mercy is what I feel is going to send me straight to heaven, That and all the steward ship I do for my communities, and how I treat others . yes I have had bad times but more so good times. I know theres been doubting times , but I always have turned to pray for stress relief and healing masses for peace.

lately I have been at total peace what a awesume feeling, like having a epiphany in your life and we all do.

And I am skipping purgatory!

unconditional love and being in total peace with oneself and live for Jesus then to live for the world . I do my darnest to do what he ask me to do.👍

Lamb of God you take away the sins of the world , Have mercy on us. Halos
 
You shouldn’t, but I love you and hope you will as a result of my faith and the faith of all Your Church.

In love, hope, and faith.
Stephen
 
And I am skipping purgatory!
I’m kind of thankful for purgatory, since I’m pretty sure I won’t be perfect when I die, and nothing unholy/imperfect gets into heaven.

Why should I get in? Nothing I have done through my own merit. I have done nothing special. Nothing to deserve heaven. LIke the unprofitable servant who has only done what he is obliged to do. If I get in to heaven, it will be soley because of God’s great mercy.

On a side note, my pastor, after watching my 10 year old in action, said that he would be standing by the pearly gates telling St. Peter to “Let that woman in!”
 
Only one phrase comes to my mind, which I repeat many times throughout my day anyway.

Just as I am, without one plea
but that Thy Blood was shed for me,
and that thou bidd’st me come to thee
O Lamb of God, I come, I come.

And with this I’d prostate myself before His Heavenly Throne praising and worshiping him and telling Him of my great Love for Him.

❤️ :bowdown:

:snowing: :winter:
 
Only one phrase comes to my mind, which I repeat many times throughout my day anyway.

Just as I am, without one plea
but that Thy Blood was shed for me,
and that thou bidd’st me come to thee
O Lamb of God, I come, I come.

:snowing: :winter:
Wow - that brought back memories - we used to sing that in my Southern Baptist church when I first encountered Christ. Good memories. Everyone should have this song on their heart - protestant and Catholic alike.
 
“Father, You know that i don’t deserve Heaven for so many reasons—my unfaithfulness to You, my many sins, the coldness of my love, my lukewarmness, all the ways i have hurt and offended You and others. yet You also know that there is one reason why i will be allowed into Heaven, although i will never deserve it—and that is the Love of Your Son, Jesus, that incredible Love that sent Him to the Cross to die for me so that His Blood could wash away the stain of my sin and bring me to You, so that i may know Your Presence for all eternity. i will never deserve Heaven—even my best efforts and attempts at pleasing You are nothing without Your grace. but because You sent Jesus to die for me and for us all, my sins have been forgiven, You have made me Your child and i can call You my loving Father, my Everything. i do not deserve to be let into Heaven, but i know that i will be because You have promised that anyone who has faith in Your Son will inherit eternal life. even through my darkest hours on earth, even through my most intense suffering, i held on to the promise that i know You will not break. Father, i love You so much more than words could ever be enough to express, and i know that because i have had faith in Your Son, You will allow me into Heaven to love You and be with You forever. no words could ever be enough to thank You for all that You have been and done for me. i love You—thank You. thank You, Jesus.”

i absolutely love this question, and some absolutely incredible answers have been given. what an interesting, inspiring post—i have to agree that this must be one way that God is speaking to each of us, reminding us to focus on His great Love and mercy instead of ourselves (something that i constantly struggle with). the interesting part about this question is that it’s one that was constantly posed to me as a nondenominational evangelical Christian before i returned to Catholicism, and one that i constantly saw on the fundamentalist websites that i visited. i think that it’s a very thought-provoking, interesting and important question that applies to everyone, and is one that should be thought out thoroughly. thank you so much for posting this. God bless all of you. 🙂

love,
in the peace and love of Christ,
alison ❤️
 
‘Because You have said that You desire the salvation of all, even mine, because You created us to be with You, and because all things, even my salvation, are possible with You.’
 
When I get to heaven I know Jesus isn’t going to ask me how many times I prayed the rosary , or how many times I prayed because he already knows, but what I will tell him is this:

When I was hungry did u feed me and I feed the poor not just with the word of God but with food.

When I was naked did u clothe me yes I did.

When I was thirsty did u give me drink yes I did.

Corperal ( can’t spell its late ) works of mercy is what I feel is going to send me straight to heaven, That and all the steward ship I do for my communities, and how I treat others . yes I have had bad times but more so good times. I know theres been doubting times , but I always have turned to pray for stress relief and healing masses for peace.

lately I have been at total peace what a awesume feeling, like having a epiphany in your life and we all do.

And I am skipping purgatory!

unconditional love and being in total peace with oneself and live for Jesus then to live for the world . I do my darnest to do what he ask me to do.👍

Lamb of God you take away the sins of the world , Have mercy on us. Halos
My friend, in you saying that you confirm that at least a long purgatory you will have. You sat there and wrote your canonization.
EVEN SAINTS HAVE HAD TO GO TO PURGATORY!

Oh the presumption!
 
No one “should” be let into Heaven, for all have sinned, but Your Mercy allows it for those that try to follow Your Will.

Never mind that I object to the question on the grounds that, if I’m dead and God is speaking to me, I’m not in Hell 😉 😛
 
No one “should” be let into Heaven, for all have sinned, but Your Mercy allows it for those that try to follow Your Will.

Never mind that I object to the question on the grounds that, if I’m dead and God is speaking to me, I’m not in Hell 😉 😛
You are funny
 
You are funny
Glad you think so 😛

Wouldn’t hearing God’s voice when you’re dead destroy you if you weren’t already purified? I’m sure I’m missing something, but something about the question itself seems funny.

Still on the contingency that it’s a saint or angel asking I stick with the first answer.
 
For the sake of his sorrowful passion my Lord and my God, have mercy on me a sinner.
 
What is really encouraging about the vast majority of these answers is that they clearly fly in the face of common protestant claims that Catholics believe that they earn their way into heaven (I used to be one of those who made the claim against Catholics).
 
Because of You I am clothed with the righteousness of your Son, whom you glorified. You promised to those who trusted in your son faith would enter your Kingdom and you cannot lie Father.

Hypothetical, but makes you think a little for sure.
 
“Lord, I am not worthy to receive you, but only say the word and I shall be healed.”

I know they’re taking it out of the Mass when they bring the English up to par with the Latin, but that line resonates with me daily.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top