I
I_Fortuna
Guest
“Note, it was an angel that rolled the stone away. The guards “became like dead men” (they fainted from fear), and the stone was rolled away so the women (and others) could look in and see that Jesus was gone (the guards would not have moved the stone without authorization - remember, it had been sealed).”
Yours is a very good post, however, I believe that the guards were “struck as if dead” by the Holy Spirit, often called “Dying in the Spirit” or “Resting in the Spirit” as certain Protestant healing ministries which I formerly belonged to refer to it. Of course, the person does not actually die in the literal sense.
When one sees all those people fainting away at the healing ministry or on TV that is being “slain”, “killed”, or "resting"in the Spirit.
Believe me, this is perfectly genuine, although it has not happened to me, it happened to someone (pastor’s wife) who I know could not have faked this. She was standing next to me and BAM!, out she passes into the arms of one of the two persons designated to catch us should we be “slain”. She lay there for only a few moments and rose up as if nothing had ever happened.
It was almost comical and wonderful at the same time. So there you my have my explanation of what I am sure happened to the guards at the tomb.
I am now a Catholic, by the way.
Yours is a very good post, however, I believe that the guards were “struck as if dead” by the Holy Spirit, often called “Dying in the Spirit” or “Resting in the Spirit” as certain Protestant healing ministries which I formerly belonged to refer to it. Of course, the person does not actually die in the literal sense.
When one sees all those people fainting away at the healing ministry or on TV that is being “slain”, “killed”, or "resting"in the Spirit.
Believe me, this is perfectly genuine, although it has not happened to me, it happened to someone (pastor’s wife) who I know could not have faked this. She was standing next to me and BAM!, out she passes into the arms of one of the two persons designated to catch us should we be “slain”. She lay there for only a few moments and rose up as if nothing had ever happened.
It was almost comical and wonderful at the same time. So there you my have my explanation of what I am sure happened to the guards at the tomb.
I am now a Catholic, by the way.
