Why we die?

  • Thread starter Thread starter vince2paul
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
V

vince2paul

Guest
Does God intend us to die?
Does death come only from God?
Or could the evil one cause human to die?

I was talking to a friend and he told me that ONLY God has the plan when one dies, thus the person won’t die if it’s not his/her time yet. So, when a person die, it’s already in His plan. Is this true? Honestly, I’m not sure whether it’s being true ALL the time.
 
Does God intend us to die?
Does death come only from God?
Or could the evil one cause human to die?

I was talking to a friend and he told me that ONLY God has the plan when one dies, thus the person won’t die if it’s not his/her time yet. So, when a person die, it’s already in His plan. Is this true? Honestly, I’m not sure whether it’s being true ALL the time.
I can’t be true all the time. What if a person persists committing suicide? God surely does not want him/her to do it.
 
Does God intend us to die?
God never intended us to die. It is the Original sin that has caused us to die. However remember that our soul is immortal and can never die.
Does death come only from God?
Death does not come “from God”. Death began when Eve took and ate from the tree of knowledge of good and evil.
Or could the evil one cause human to die?
Only if God allows it.
I was talking to a friend and he told me that ONLY God has the plan when one dies, thus the person won’t die if it’s not his/her time yet. So, when a person die, it’s already in His plan. Is this true? Honestly, I’m not sure whether it’s being true ALL the time.
That is not so. God knows when one will die, but that doesn’t mean it is something He has planned to happen.

Ken
 
Note Genesis 3:22
Then the LORD God said: “See! The man has become like one of us, knowing what is good and what is bad! Therefore, he must not be allowed to put out his hand to take fruit from the tree of life also, and thus eat of it and live forever.”
It appears that God originally intended man to eat of the tree of life and live forever.

It has been suggested that if he had done so after sinning Redemption would no longer have been possible; Jesus could not have died on the cross. Thus God had to let man experience death.

Speculation, but reaonable.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top