T
TheAdvocate
Guest
Many relationship books and anecdotal advice say that “Yes, dear” is one of the key secrets to a happy marriage. Perhaps many of us have have heard of the adage, “Happy wife=happy life.”
But what can I do in my situation? My wife makes really bad choices sometimes…should I just stand by and say “yes, dear, if you think this is right…” Example: over the past couple of months, my wife has dropped almost $3,000 into a jewelry business. We are not rich. Before she did it, she consulted with me (which means listening to what I have to say and then doing whatever she wants anyway). This is one of those “business at home”, multi-level marketing deals that few people succeed in. She doesn’t even have a spreadsheet to keep track of expenses/income!!! So far, she’s only pulled in about $100 of profit, but that’s only because friends and family have purchased some of her jewelry.
So what do I do? Say, “yes dear?” If I don’t, she gets angry and says I’m not being supportive. She is very stubborn and almost never admits she’s wrong.
What are the limitations to “the wife is always right?” It would be helpful if you indicate if you’re married in your reply. Thanks for reading!
But what can I do in my situation? My wife makes really bad choices sometimes…should I just stand by and say “yes, dear, if you think this is right…” Example: over the past couple of months, my wife has dropped almost $3,000 into a jewelry business. We are not rich. Before she did it, she consulted with me (which means listening to what I have to say and then doing whatever she wants anyway). This is one of those “business at home”, multi-level marketing deals that few people succeed in. She doesn’t even have a spreadsheet to keep track of expenses/income!!! So far, she’s only pulled in about $100 of profit, but that’s only because friends and family have purchased some of her jewelry.
So what do I do? Say, “yes dear?” If I don’t, she gets angry and says I’m not being supportive. She is very stubborn and almost never admits she’s wrong.
What are the limitations to “the wife is always right?” It would be helpful if you indicate if you’re married in your reply. Thanks for reading!