M
MomaMary8
Guest
So, have you offered to set up a spreadsheet? Or have you just been passively saying “yes dear” and not helping her? This can go both ways. Strong women rarely like week men who agree with out offering sound advice or thoughtful help.
In reality, $3,000 is a small fee to start up a business. You don’t mention your financial situation, so I have no idea if this money is coming from your food budget or your rainy day budget. What I do know is that when my husband started his business it cost significantly more than $3,000 and I did more than say “yes dear.” I said “Go for it dear, how can I help?” I listened to his struggles, and encouraged him everyday to keep going. I kept my mouth shut when I wasn’t able to buy food for the kids and tightened every budget I could. It was a heck of a year and it was worth it. I trusted him and his abilities.
I can see how you are finding things difficult with your wife, if you think your response is supposed to be a simple “yes, dear.” That’s one of the most infuriating responses a non-listening spouse can give.
just my :twocents:
In reality, $3,000 is a small fee to start up a business. You don’t mention your financial situation, so I have no idea if this money is coming from your food budget or your rainy day budget. What I do know is that when my husband started his business it cost significantly more than $3,000 and I did more than say “yes dear.” I said “Go for it dear, how can I help?” I listened to his struggles, and encouraged him everyday to keep going. I kept my mouth shut when I wasn’t able to buy food for the kids and tightened every budget I could. It was a heck of a year and it was worth it. I trusted him and his abilities.
I can see how you are finding things difficult with your wife, if you think your response is supposed to be a simple “yes, dear.” That’s one of the most infuriating responses a non-listening spouse can give.
just my :twocents: