Wife Wants Divorce, Time To Move On

  • Thread starter Thread starter jwder09
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jwder09

Guest
As the title suggests, my wife wants a divorce. My parish preist, who has been aware of the matter since it first came to light, has advised I move on.

Were my prayers, directly to the Lord and through Saint Joseph, that my wife return to the Church, and or marriage in vain? No. I did what I had to. The question is, what next?

Your prayers for my family are appreciated.
 
Well, I am no expert on how to move on after a divorce, but a good way to help you move on with anything I find is God. You may want to get more involved in Church, becoming a lector, joining the choir, becoming an usher, or whatever. Also it would be good possibly to find volunteering opportunities in your area like homeless shelters, habitat for humanity, women’s shelters, ect. Doing things for others is very rewarding. Also consider taking a class of some sort at your local community center, a community college, or wherever else they are available. Take up a hobby that you maybe always wanted to get involved in like art, learning languages, dance, wood working, or whatever you are interested in.

Also if you need it, you may want to continue getting counseling with your priest, or even some sort of counselor in your area (whether it be a social worker, a psychologist, or spiritual adviser, or some other counselor). Now I know even doing these things won’t take away the hurt, disappointment, and sorrow, but getting involved in some good activities may help you start building a new life.
 
I’m so sorry you and your family are going through this. No, your prayers have not been in vain. God honors our prayers even when the person we are praying for hardens their heart to Him and us. Continue to pray. God will comfort and guide you. I still pray for my ex-husband. I pray for God to soften his heart and bring him back to a relationship with Him. Not because I want him back, that would never happen, but for him and his daughters.

I will keep you and your family in my prayers.
 
So sorry that you and your family are going through this, I will pray for you to know what you need to do next. May God’s Holy Spirit fill you with the faith, courage and knowledge to walk forward according to His plan for you.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top