Will a Korean Connection Bring Down Kofi Annan?

• Thread starter Thread starter gilliam
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gilliam

Go here to visit OneFreeKorea’s weblog. Tongsu Park, a Korean national charged yesterday in New York for brokering corrupt oil-for-food contracts, has told the Joongang Ilbo that he is considering a deal with U.S. prosecutors to testify against corrupt U.N. officials, and that Kofi Annan is among those targeted for possible prosecution:
In a telephone interview from Japan, Mr. Park, 70, told the Joongang Ilbo that he had been offered a plea-bargain from the U.S. federal prosecution in return for testifying before a U.S. court. “I am seriously considering the offer,” Mr. Park said. “The prosecutors only accused me of acting as an unregistered agent, and have not pressed official charges against me yet.” Continue reading "Will a Korean Connection Bring Down Kofi Annan?"hat tip

Let’s hope something brings him down and shakes that organization up. If we don’t have the guts to get us out of it and it out of the U.S., we had darn well better work to straighten it out.

If the Oil for Food didn’t bring him down, I can’t imagine what will. It is as if they are too politically correct to see the error of his ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back