T
TeenageConvert
Guest
I’ve folund from both practicing Catholics and personal expirience, that one of the best ways to keep away the devil is to simply ignore him, rarely speak of him, and if you feel tempted, maybe say a prayer or two, then totally ignore it and move on with something else, preferably something. Good or charitable.
But I fail at this far too often.
I sin too much I’m starting to get back into the habit of swearing, something my daily rosary I used to pray helped put a temporary end to, but sloth crept in and everytime I have the time to pray one, I just don’t. So now I’ll be overcome with anger and cuss. I try fasting more than is required by the church, but gluttony gets the best of me! so basically the 7 deadly sins are doing their jobs too good haha.
Anyway I was wondering if after I receive the sacraments, it would be easier(not easy, I know it won’t be, but easier than it is now) to avoid sin
Or will my new closeness to God and his church simply inspire the devil even more to try to keep me from God.
I think too much, in case you have not noticed from this particular post, or a lot of threads started by me
lol
But I fail at this far too often.
I sin too much I’m starting to get back into the habit of swearing, something my daily rosary I used to pray helped put a temporary end to, but sloth crept in and everytime I have the time to pray one, I just don’t. So now I’ll be overcome with anger and cuss. I try fasting more than is required by the church, but gluttony gets the best of me! so basically the 7 deadly sins are doing their jobs too good haha.
Anyway I was wondering if after I receive the sacraments, it would be easier(not easy, I know it won’t be, but easier than it is now) to avoid sin
Or will my new closeness to God and his church simply inspire the devil even more to try to keep me from God.
I think too much, in case you have not noticed from this particular post, or a lot of threads started by me