T
TheGreatHillOfT
Guest
For background, I am a teenager and have been failing at purity for many years. Things I’ve done include are porn, masturbation and fantasizing. I went to Jason Evert when he was in my diocese and it was very eye opening. I’m very anxious though about the future and have questions relating to forgiveness. All these presuppose I am able to shape up my behavior and live how I ought to.
Can I ever have a relationship with a girl if I’ve looked at her with lust? For background, I’ve been in youth group with several people I’ve liked in the past or that I like right now, so not only have I done a terrible thing by objectifying them through lust (which I feel so wrong for having done), but I’ve also done it while I was acting to the world like I loved God and was a good person when I knew I wasn’t. I’m sure this is cowardice, but I don’t see how I could ever look somebody in the eye and tell her I lusted over her at a time when people presumed me to be Catholic. I feel ashamed about it and I don’t see how any sane girl would forgive me for having objectified her ever and I certainly don’t feel I should ever be forgiven.
Secondly, how will I ever tell a spouse about my past? I want to be married someday but I know that before I am even engaged, I’ll have to tell the woman, whoever she will be, about my past. It wouldn’t be right to do otherwise. I’m terrified of that as well because I don’t feel like I should be forgiven for my actions and I don’t know how any girl could love me after hearing how I’ve lived.
If anybody out there has a spouse who was once like me, your (name removed by moderator)ut is especially appreciated. Thanks a ton.
Can I ever have a relationship with a girl if I’ve looked at her with lust? For background, I’ve been in youth group with several people I’ve liked in the past or that I like right now, so not only have I done a terrible thing by objectifying them through lust (which I feel so wrong for having done), but I’ve also done it while I was acting to the world like I loved God and was a good person when I knew I wasn’t. I’m sure this is cowardice, but I don’t see how I could ever look somebody in the eye and tell her I lusted over her at a time when people presumed me to be Catholic. I feel ashamed about it and I don’t see how any sane girl would forgive me for having objectified her ever and I certainly don’t feel I should ever be forgiven.
Secondly, how will I ever tell a spouse about my past? I want to be married someday but I know that before I am even engaged, I’ll have to tell the woman, whoever she will be, about my past. It wouldn’t be right to do otherwise. I’m terrified of that as well because I don’t feel like I should be forgiven for my actions and I don’t know how any girl could love me after hearing how I’ve lived.
If anybody out there has a spouse who was once like me, your (name removed by moderator)ut is especially appreciated. Thanks a ton.