Will I go to hell for masturbation?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Chruchgirl123
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Will I go to hell for masturbation?

No…

Your just being racked with guilt from what other people have told you is a Sin… In other-words it’s called Nature… As in Human nature, it’s normal and nothing to feel ashamed off… Although those that think it is shameful need to check themselves, preferably into the nearest psycological health clinic, it’s all a part of growing up… Everybody does it, they just pretend they dont or later on - they claim it was wrong, sinful, etc… Your only a youth, doing as a youth does exploring your own body and there is no shame in that!

If a monkey can sit there and beat itself off, then you doing it - is wrong how? Or in what way… Oh the arguement will be that the monkey has no intelligence and thusly has no faith, that why it flings poop at all those passers by… 😉

It’s a little base I admit, get horney - pull plumbs… but such is life!

An they all do it, they just wont admit it!

Or they feel racked with guilt afterwards because it’s been drilled into there subconcious mind that it’s wrong… Oh but wait that must be why the Church is racked with so many pedophilla scandels involving Choir Boy’s… Sigh!
 
If a monkey can sit there and beat itself off, then you doing it - is wrong how?
Because Man is made in the Image of God, not in the image of an overheated monkey in a zoo.

Masturbation is an offense against Chastity, and no amount of “everybody’s doing it” hyperbole can change that.
 
Because Man is made in the Image of God, not in the image of an overheated monkey in a zoo.

Masturbation is an offense against Chastity, and no amount of “everybody’s doing it” hyperbole can change that.
👍👍 Yep I’d rather be imitating Christ than an over sexual ‘monkey’. Anytime, Anyday.
 
So basically I am a 15 year old girl and I’ve been struggling with my healthy sexuality. A few months ago I tried masturbating and got nothing from it other then extreme guilt. I also watched porn but tried to justify it as watching art. I masturbated a few more times but felt the guilt each time and no pleasure. I prayed about it but still felt guilty. I know it was wrong but I need some way to relieve this painful urge. I’m not going to have sex until I’m married and I refuse brake that promise. I have psychological issues and was traumatised as a child. Would that have anything to do with my impure behaviour? I pray for forgiveness almost every night but is it to late? Will I spend an eternity in hell? If God and Jesus really love me will they be able to forgive the mistakes I made as a teenager? Am I still a Virgin?
As the Pope said recently, Jesus told us in Matthew 25 (verses 31-46) the “protocol” on which we will be judged on the day of judgment. (catholicculture.org/news/headlines/index.cfm?storyid=22233). Matthew 25:31-46 does not say anything about masturbation (Maybe Jesus ‘forgot’ to mention there or anywhere else?)
 
Not having control of these kind of urges is a private hell in itself. This isn’t an idle need of the flesh, like hunger and sleep; it’s a fire that humiliates even as it destroys.
 
No.

A sin requires knowledge and deliberate consent that one’s actions are gravely wrong.

Since you are asking, you clearly don’t know, and therefore no sin.
 
I am eighteen years old and, though I’m a guy, I struggle with the same sins as you. Over the past couple of years I have been drawn more and more towards the Catholic faith (though I’m not assuming that you’re in the same position) and, like you, I have worried sometimes that I might go to hell for masturbation.

God loves you, he will always forgive you and you are safe as long as you are truly sorry for sinning against him and are seeking the truth. So even if Catholicism is true, just because you can’t go to confession doesn’t mean you’re going to hell.

Regarding the psychological issues and trauma, I would advise you to find a spiritually mature Christian with whom you would be comfortable to talk about it if you haven’t already done so. Then you might try to resolve what’s at the heart of the issue. But keep praying and keep trying. Try not to focus on not masturbating/watching porn but more positively on developing the virtues of chastity and self-control. Don’t repress your desires but replace them with what is good. Find some particular relevant Bible passages, such as 1 Corinthians 6, Matthew 5:27-30, Romans 8 and Galatians 5, and read and think about them daily, and whenever you are tempted. Remember that it is fundamentally a choice to give in to temptation. You don’t have to follow a life of sin. Tell yourself and Jesus that you choose to follow him and to realise his plan for you and your body, not to follow fleshly desires.

God bless.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top