Will I go to hell for masturbation?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Chruchgirl123
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Most likely those who do not seek forgiveness. I’m praying very, very hard for my body to calm down and to no longer do sexual acts😕 until marriage. I didn’t even seek pleasure in the first place when I did it.
I’m not saying it’s entirely justified.
Everything I do, I😡 want it to be for him.
Someone please just tell me what to do I am so scared.
Like I said, the only 100% guarantee of being forgiven by God is through the sacrament of reconciliation. Unfortunately for those who can’t receive it, it is very difficult to be forgiven by God after grave sins are committed.
 
If you know that masturbation is a mortal sin and you do not fight the urge to masturbate with all your strength and just give right into the sin, then, yes, your soul is in danger of hell.
Don’t worry, there will be lots of us down there to burn alongside. As a serial masturbator I have got a personalised parking space already marked out. Probably best to bring along some ear defenders though to keep out the din of wailing…
I do not masturbate to gain a feeling of sexual pleasure- I have no interest in that kind of feeling. I do it to get rid of that awful feeling ‘down there’ that I cannot control at times
This is exactly the experience I have had (am on TRT and going through puberty). I don’t want to do it. I hate doing it and feel terrible afterwards. But it is nature isn’t it?

Best wishes,
Padster
 
Don’t worry, there will be lots of us down there to burn alongside. As a serial masturbator
Best wishes,
Padster
Padster, it can be controlled. It can be done. Just like giving up smoking. It is a conscious decision one makes to want to stop. It’s like running a marathon. try stopping for a week, then 3. Then 1month and 2. if you fall don’t fall hard(no pun intended). Get up(no pun intended)…boy this may take awhile, go to confession and keep it up(sigh). Continue on!😃
 
Hmmm!

Please could people here be a little bit more merciful and less fire and brimstone.

You are only a 15 year old girl, with a strong instinctual emotional response that in all probability cannot be controlled given your past, at the moment. Jesus loves you despite your sins and the fact that you feel guilty about it and don’t like it , means your heart is full of remorse.

Please remember that you have many years to grow up and many years for your emotional life to become sufficiently mature to be better controlled. The closer one gets to God the grace He gives makes it easier.

Please find yourself a very clever and loving catholic priest or a nun and go speak to them. You have a long journey ahead of you, a beautiful one in which you will become closer to. God and in that relationship slowly you will heal over several years. Don’t think this is a quick fix, and please don’t ever let it enter your mind that you would be sent to hell for this in your particular situation. Your Father in heaven loves you and forgives you more then you will ever imagine. You just need some time to grow and learn. Resist the temptation as much as you can , in challenging yourself you do a lot of good for your character. If you fail go to reconciliation and become a catholic if you so wish.
 
A dilemma…masturbation is a sin, yet science says that masturbation decreases the chance of prostate cancer in men and cystitis in women and can prevent diabetes. :confused:

SEE: dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2518802/Masturbation-good-health-prevents-cystitis-diabetes-cancer.html

AND: news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/3072021.stm

AND: sciencealert.com/features/20130512-25076.html

I find the Holy Rosary a powerful weapon against “impure” thoughts. If I get the “urge” to masturbate, I say a decade of the Rosary and the “urge” dissipates. 😃
 
A dilemma…masturbation is a sin, yet science says that masturbation decreases the chance of prostate cancer in men and cystitis in women and can prevent diabetes. :confused:

SEE: dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2518802/Masturbation-good-health-prevents-cystitis-diabetes-cancer.html

AND: news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/3072021.stm

AND: sciencealert.com/features/20130512-25076.html

I find the Holy Rosary a powerful weapon against “impure” thoughts. If I get the “urge” to masturbate, I say a decade of the Rosary and the “urge” dissipates. 😃
It’s still a sin regardless of what some scientists say.
 
Padster, it can be controlled. It can be done. Just like giving up smoking. It is a conscious decision one makes to want to stop. It’s like running a marathon. try stopping for a week, then 3. Then 1month and 2. if you fall don’t fall hard(no pun intended). Get up(no pun intended)…boy this may take awhile, go to confession and keep it up(sigh). Continue on!😃
One detects from your childish, puerile comments that you have never experienced this unfortunate habit personally.

I want to stop, but I am getting tactile hallucinations every day. I am being forced into it. I can’t stay free of this habit for two days, never mind a week.
I find the Holy Rosary a powerful weapon against “impure” thoughts. If I get the “urge” to masturbate, I say a decade of the Rosary and the “urge” dissipates.
I don’t believe you.

Best wishes,
Padster
 
1 John 1:9: If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

If you have trouble believing that God will forgive your sins, please talk to your pastor or youth group leader, or parents if they are Christians. There is no sin too great for God to forgive; Paul was a murderer (at least a willing accomplice), and he became a great instrument for spreading God’s word and love.

I know masturbation can seem just too shameful to confess. It’s a very, very common thing to struggle with, though. And if you mess up and do it again–and we all sin, throughout our lives–come back to the Lord with repentance. He is always willing to hear the repentance of a contrite sinner, even if it’s something you’ve done many times.
 
One detects from your childish, puerile comments that you have never experienced this unfortunate habit personally.

I want to stop, but I am getting tactile hallucinations every day. I am being forced into it. I can’t stay free of this habit for two days, never mind a week.

I don’t believe you.

Best wishes,
Padster
It can be done Padster whether you believe it or not! Is it childish to overcome a sinful act. I don’t think so.
Tactile hallucinations probably because you don’t really desire to overcome it and it has overtaken you.
 
It can be done Padster whether you believe it or not! Is it childish to overcome a sinful act. I don’t think so.
Tactile hallucinations probably because you don’t really desire to overcome it and it has overtaken you.
With respect, you don’t know about my situation and therefore you cannot comment about it. I suggest you do some reading up on haptic/tactile hallucinations before rushing to judgement. I have beaten myself up over this countless times because of people like you. But I know in my heart that I am innocent of this ‘crime’. Believe me, I do want to overcome it, and am desperate for this ‘phase’ in my life to end. But I am not going to let a fellow frail mortal stand in judgement of me. And I will not guilt-trip myself any more over this unfortunate habit. I have realised that it is nature and it will stop eventually. The more you worry about these things, the worse they get. And it doesn’t offend God. If you think it does then you have trouble differentiating between the perception and the reality of God, and are lowering Him to human standards. Consider the Hindu concept of spitting at the sky.

Best wishes,
Padster
 
But you have the ability to judge her?

Ironic….
He was responding to someone who strongly implied at best that masturbation is a sin, but but never leads to Hell and at worst, that masturbation is no sin at all. Either one is a big fat falsehood. It has nothing to do with judging the OP’s personal culpability.
 
If masturbation can lead to hell, then almost every teenager is in dire straits every day, sometimes 3 or 4 times a day 😛
 
With respect, you don’t know about my situation and therefore you cannot comment about it. I suggest you do some reading up on haptic/tactile hallucinations before rushing to judgement. I have beaten myself up over this countless times because of people like you. But I know in my heart that I am innocent of this ‘crime’. Believe me, I do want to overcome it, and am desperate for this ‘phase’ in my life to end. But I am not going to let a fellow frail mortal stand in judgement of me. And I will not guilt-trip myself any more over this unfortunate habit. I have realised that it is nature and it will stop eventually. The more you worry about these things, the worse they get. And it doesn’t offend God. If you think it does then you have trouble differentiating between the perception and the reality of God, and are lowering Him to human standards. Consider the Hindu concept of spitting at the sky.

Best wishes,
Padster
Padster, you’ll still need to get a hand on it. (no pun intended) It just doesn’t go away and you seem to go to other religions for your understanding of God so we won’t see I to eye. Good luck and I don’t know why Hindu spits in the sky:confused:
 
You don’t have the ability to make that statement. Our Lady of Fatima told the children that more people go to Hell over sins of impurity than any other sin.
Actually, I have the “ability” to express any opinion I care to. As you have the ability to disagree.
 
You don’t have the ability to make that statement. Our Lady of Fatima told the children that more people go to Hell over sins of impurity than any other sin.
Actually, I have the “ability” to express any opinion I care to. As you have the ability to disagree.
 
Padster, you’ll still need to get a hand on it. (no pun intended) It just doesn’t go away and you seem to go to other religions for your understanding of God so we won’t see I to eye. Good luck and I don’t know why Hindu spits in the sky:confused:
I realise we are not going to reach agreement on this topic. You are entitled to your opinion, and I have to respect that. What I have no time for is the ‘gang-hut’ mentality which you seem to have towards other faiths. It is a blinkered world view, and one which has contributed to so much death and suffering on this planet in the name of God.

The Hindu idea which you so easily disregard means that God is not offended by what we do down here. It has no effect, like spitting at the sky. That is not to say that God doesn’t get involved down here, but He is active through humans.

I don’t need ANY religion to understand God. It is impossible to understand God. Try catching smoke. What I do understand is that there are people of other faiths who are as devout and faithful as people of my own faith. It is not about ‘who got here first’, because you will find that Paganism was here before anything, and its festival days are very much still in use, particularly December 25th.

Best wishes,
Padster
 
I don’t need ANY religion to understand God. It is impossible to understand God. Try catching smoke.

Best wishes,
Padster
I’m trying to help so please take my advice in that light.
We can know something about God-through the Scriptures and the tradition of the church. He has revealed Himself to us most dramatically in His Son.

His Son gave us explicitly His church, the Catholic Church. In her you can find more about God and how to cooperate with Him; I would suggest googling Frank Sheed. He has written some wonderful work (much I still need to read) I think you might find relief and insight.

God bless you and may Jesus keep you in His palm.
 
I’m trying to help so please take my advice in that light.
We can know something about God-through the Scriptures and the tradition of the church. He has revealed Himself to us most dramatically in His Son.

His Son gave us explicitly His church, the Catholic Church. In her you can find more about God and how to cooperate with Him; I would suggest googling Frank Sheed. He has written some wonderful work (much I still need to read) I think you might find relief and insight.

God bless you and may Jesus keep you in His palm.
Thanks for your help. I am already co-operating with God and the Catholic Church as an organist. I have done so for the past 20 years. I hope it doesn’t sound pompous when I say that I have composed music during the past year that I simply couldn’t have managed to do previously. When I write music I feel it is simply a matter of dictation without any effort on my part. I just write the notes down. Years ago, composition for me would have been an arduous task rarely attempted, and one achieved after many corrections. Now the music just happens, it is beautiful and doesn’t need correcting. But I feel it is not really my work. Is this co-operating with God perhaps? Or am I psychotic?

Best wishes,
Padster
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top