Will the Brown Scapular protect one from committing mortal sin?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ben_Sinner
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you “oldgraymare2” and “aidanbradypop”

Affirmation encourages! 🙂

It is nice to get to know people and learn from each other on the forum.
 
There is something about sacramentals that cannot easily be explained, though. According to the CCC,** they dispose us to receive Grace**. This is no small thing, and can be a tremendous help on our path to holiness and in fighting against sin and the dark realm.

I wear the Miraculous Medal of Our Lady and she said those who wear it with faith shall receive great graces.

Superstition is one thing, but to wear a sacramental with faith can be a great spiritual good, even though it won’t stop us from committing sins of grave matter or whatever else. It does have spiritual efficacy that is not so easy to explain. It is a great reminder, too, of course, but it is more than that.

The devils hate sacramentals.

O Mary Conceived Without Sin Pray For Us Who Have Recourse To Thee.
 
Yes Jamal, they do help us with Grace, and they also help to “remit venial sin, too,” which I also think is so very amazing, and awe-inspiring.

To me, the love that God shows for us–and that Our Blessed Mother shows for us through the various Sacramentals, including the Scapular, Rosary, and Medals that she gave to us–never ceases to amaze me, either. ❤️

I also agree with you that there is something about them that is not so easy to explain, and I also think that Sacramentals are probably a more difficult concept to understand, so that is why I posted a link to an article about them, so that it could help explain them better to others that may not know about them, or know what they are. 🙂
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top