Wimpy martyrs?

  • Thread starter Thread starter VociMike
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do think it was a drifted. I also do think think the things we disagree on constitute heresy. If I did, I would say so.
That is the nature of change usually, gradual.
Describe for me, then, the gradual steps from the entire Church believing that the Eucharist is symbolic only, to the entire Church believing in the Real Presence. Tell me what the middle stage looked like.

And if some heresies could gradually creep into the Church, why did she recognize and defeat others?
 
Don’t forget about the total lack of interest when the heresy of infant baptism was introduced! 😃
I have always wonered if John the Baptist was checking IDs before he baptized people. i wonder what the age limit he set was?😃
 
According to the Protestant view, the Church succumbed to heresy after heresy in its first few hundred years, while at the same time successfully fighting many other heresies.
OR, The Church succumbed to no heresy (since Christ was, and is protecting Her) and was successful fighting true heresy for the exact same reason.
By claiming that the early Church succumbed to heresy, Christ is being called a liar! :mad:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top