C
ConservativeOne
Guest
I know that Good Friday is not what’s considered a “holy day of obligation”. I once asked a priest years ago if shopping on Good Friday was a sin, which I was told it wasn’t. But I’ve made it my business NOT to work that day.
I’ve suddenly had to re-arrange my work schedule to accomodate a difficult-to-get appointment (made by someone else without consulting me). To humor my boss and get this day off, I offered to work Good Friday in exchange. He was originally letting me take Friday off. So, now I’m working Good Friday - just during the hours of the Passion - Noon to 5. Dreadful! Is this a sin - if so, venial? How does the Church look upon this - working this most somber day / hours on our calendar? Anyone?
I’ve suddenly had to re-arrange my work schedule to accomodate a difficult-to-get appointment (made by someone else without consulting me). To humor my boss and get this day off, I offered to work Good Friday in exchange. He was originally letting me take Friday off. So, now I’m working Good Friday - just during the hours of the Passion - Noon to 5. Dreadful! Is this a sin - if so, venial? How does the Church look upon this - working this most somber day / hours on our calendar? Anyone?