N
NHInsider
Guest
Hi all-
I’d appreciate your prayers as I am preparing to present a workshop on the Book of Revelation (from a Catholic perspective) at my local church on Wednesday.
I’m also putting together a handout (well, several handouts, but this one is the reason for this request) of good resources for anyone who wants to explore further. It will include Paul Thigpen’s The Rapture Trap and Michael Barber’s Coming Soon. I’m torn about whether or not to include Stephen Doyle’s Apocalypse, it does carry “permission to publish” but I’m somewhat uncomfortable with his quickness to state as fact the conclusions of textual criticism as well as to skip over the “difficult” bits.
I’m open to suggestions of other resources (print or web) that you think would prove useful to non-scholars.
I’d appreciate your prayers as I am preparing to present a workshop on the Book of Revelation (from a Catholic perspective) at my local church on Wednesday.
I’m also putting together a handout (well, several handouts, but this one is the reason for this request) of good resources for anyone who wants to explore further. It will include Paul Thigpen’s The Rapture Trap and Michael Barber’s Coming Soon. I’m torn about whether or not to include Stephen Doyle’s Apocalypse, it does carry “permission to publish” but I’m somewhat uncomfortable with his quickness to state as fact the conclusions of textual criticism as well as to skip over the “difficult” bits.
I’m open to suggestions of other resources (print or web) that you think would prove useful to non-scholars.
