World Aids Day

• Thread starter Thread starter Emmy
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
E

Emmy

Today is World Aids Day. Maybe we can keep all those who have died of aids or are suffering from it and people who are infected with HIV in our prayers…:gopray:

Emmy

Especially those who have recieved it through no fault of their own such as babies and children, people with medical problems, etc.

Yes, please pray for all those suffering. We, also, should pray for an end to the embrace of contraception. That grave evil is the reason we see so many sexually related problems today. Once so many folks separated love and sex it ushered in an era where anything goes. Today we reap the fruit of that mentality. We have accepted fornication, sodomy, abortion, immoral reproductive technologies, rampant divorce, AIDS, etc all that can be traced back to the wide acceptence of the birth control pill.

40.png
fix:
Yes, please pray for all those suffering. We, also, should pray for an end to the embrace of contraception. That grave evil is the reason we see so many sexually related problems today. Once so many folks separated love and sex it ushered in an era where anything goes. Today we reap the fruit of that mentality. We have accepted fornication, sodomy, abortion, immoral reproductive technologies, rampant divorce, AIDS, etc all that can be traced back to the wide acceptence of the birth control pill.
How sad and how true.

I am beating a drum no one wants to hear. I read so much about social sin, like corporate greed, or the insensitivity of government agencies. IMO, the real issue is personal holiness. If we reject the moral law, how will we ever want to do works of charity or obey the civil law?

If we want to change our culture, we better first accept we are not living as Christ expects us to live.

40.png
fix:
I am beating a drum no one wants to hear. I read so much about social sin, like corporate greed, or the insensitivity of government agencies. IMO, the real issue is personal holiness. If we reject the moral law, how will we ever want to do works of charity or obey the civil law?

If we want to change our culture, we better first accept we are not living as Christ expects us to live.
Agreed. Cart before the horse. If everyone is holy and obeying the moral law, these social “sins” would disappear.

Also, it is still good, proper, and necessary to pray for AIDs patients and an end to the disease.

40.png
fix:

Actually you are reiterating something which was said during one of the most heavily written about exorcisms in Canada. Satan explained that often he does not have to “possess” people to bend their will - he said that when he can get a human to separate their sex life from love, he has made a major inroad in their persona and they are then “ripe” for other things. I remember being somewhat surprised when I read it because I hadn’t thought of it that way before.

40.png
HagiaSophia:
Actually you are reiterating something which was said during one of the most heavily written about exorcisms in Canada. Satan explained that often he does not have to “possess” people to bend their will - he said that when he can get a human to separate their sex life from love, he has made a major inroad in their persona and they are then “ripe” for other things. I remember being somewhat surprised when I read it because I hadn’t thought of it that way before.
Very interesting. Do you know of any links that talk about that exorcism?

40.png
HagiaSophia:
If it was Satan speaking, why presume he speaks the truth?

40.png
Zoot:
If it was Satan speaking, why presume he speaks the truth?
5. I know you say it’s not important to acquire a demon’s name. But I’ve read it is possible to make the demon tell the truth, to reveal its true name. Does the Catholic authorities have a database of these demons? Do they track their behaviour. Why are you so reluctent to release this list? Don’t be offended, I’m just curious
It is possible to solicit the name of a demon, to ask what his function is, to ask what other demons he is associated with, to ask why they are in the poor person, etc. but this is done only in a solemn exorcism performed by a Catholic Priest, with the permission of the Bishop, in the name of the Church.

saint-mike.org/apologetics/qa/Answers/Spiritual_Warfare/s0212200051.html

fix said:
5. I know you say it’s not important to acquire a demon’s name. But I’ve read it is possible to make the demon tell the truth, to reveal its true name. Does the Catholic authorities have a database of these demons? Do they track their behaviour. Why are you so reluctent to release this list? Don’t be offended, I’m just curious
It is possible to solicit the name of a demon, to ask what his function is, to ask what other demons he is associated with, to ask why they are in the poor person, etc. but this is done only in a solemn exorcism performed by a Catholic Priest, with the permission of the Bishop, in the name of the Church.

saint-mike.org/apologetics/qa/Answers/Spiritual_Warfare/s0212200051.html

OK. How do you know he’s telling the truth? Do you believe anything he says?

40.png
Zoot:
OK. How do you know he’s telling the truth? Do you believe anything he says?
A fair question. I am no expert in demonology. I would imagine if the priest is doing an exorcism with the suport of the Church the demon would be compelled to answer truthfully certain questions. The priest would be a stand in for Christ.

40.png
Emmy:
Today is World Aids Day. Maybe we can keep all those who have died of aids or are suffering from it and people who are infected with HIV in our prayers…:gopray:

Emmy
best sugestion i have seen all day… 👍

40.png
Emmy:

Emmy
Amen.

40.png
Emmy:
Thank you SG but all they do here is get off topic.

Emmy
You are correct, we do wander. Is that bad? Many are curious and hunger for more information.

I agree we need to pray for those poor folks who have a disease like AIDS. I, also, want to educate folks that behavior leads to consequences.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back