S
skigirl1689
Guest
First off, I know the forum prohibits giving medical advice and I am not asking for any
.
I am seeing a new provider (nurse practitioner) next week for some issues I am having. My other provider retired but when I broached the issue with her she just pushed me to take “the Pill” without testing for PCOS or anything, which I think may be causing the issues (heavy bleeding, excessive hair growth, etc).
I am not Catholic and I know the Church allows the use of the pill for medical reasons. I just do not want synthetic hormones in my body, for any reason, period. My aunt has stage 4 breast cancer that feeds off of hormones and though they tell me I don’t have an increased familial risk since she is my dad’s sister, I don’t want to take a chance as I have a big history of cancer from both sides of my family (I’ve had 8 blood relatives diagnosed with cancer, 5 died from it, 3 in their 50s).
How do I successfully push for alternative treatments? I have looked for pro-life OB/GYNs in my area, the closest is 4 hours away is not a viable option as it’d be a burden on my family. I tried looking on the NaPro website and the Pope Paul (?) website that is often sited on this forum, but I did not find much information pertaining to treatment options.
I’m at least thankful my mom pulled some strings to get me into someone my pastor’s wife recommended as the alternative was be on a wait list for the new provider they just hired. Come to find out she worked for Planned Parenthood while going to school
. That would have probably made my issue a lot harder to handle.
I am seeing a new provider (nurse practitioner) next week for some issues I am having. My other provider retired but when I broached the issue with her she just pushed me to take “the Pill” without testing for PCOS or anything, which I think may be causing the issues (heavy bleeding, excessive hair growth, etc).
I am not Catholic and I know the Church allows the use of the pill for medical reasons. I just do not want synthetic hormones in my body, for any reason, period. My aunt has stage 4 breast cancer that feeds off of hormones and though they tell me I don’t have an increased familial risk since she is my dad’s sister, I don’t want to take a chance as I have a big history of cancer from both sides of my family (I’ve had 8 blood relatives diagnosed with cancer, 5 died from it, 3 in their 50s).
How do I successfully push for alternative treatments? I have looked for pro-life OB/GYNs in my area, the closest is 4 hours away is not a viable option as it’d be a burden on my family. I tried looking on the NaPro website and the Pope Paul (?) website that is often sited on this forum, but I did not find much information pertaining to treatment options.
I’m at least thankful my mom pulled some strings to get me into someone my pastor’s wife recommended as the alternative was be on a wait list for the new provider they just hired. Come to find out she worked for Planned Parenthood while going to school