J
John655
Guest
This may not be the right place for this, but I hope someone can help me.
I always thought that the Catholic Church taught that we should venerate the Blessed Virgin Mary - that she is not worshipped - since worship is reserved for God alone.
Today, I read My Ideal: Jesus, Son of Mary by FR. Emil Neubert, S.M. I loved the book, and was very excited to read of the beautiful concepts in the book - until I got to the very last pages. In the “Collective Act of Consecration” (on p. 109 of the Tan publication) it says,
“Soveriegn Mistress of heaven and earth, at the foot of thine throne, where respect and love have unchained our hearts, we offer thee our homage of service and praise, we consecrate ourselves to thy worship, . . . . Would that our zeal for the honor of thy worship and the interests of thy glory were able to make amends to thee for all the assaults of heresy, the outrages of unbelief, and the indifference and neglect of the generality of mankind.”
The act of consecration is addressed to the Soveriegn Mistress of heaven and earth, the Blessed Virgin Mary - why would those making this consecration agree to consecrate themselves to worship of the BVM? Later in the consecration, the person praying wishes that by more zealous worship of the BVM that she might be guarded for the pain of the insults of unbelievers - so there are two references in this brief consecration to the worship of Mary.
The book has a Nihil Obstat and Impramatur. . . I am a devout member of the Church, and this is confusing. Am I missing something here?
I always thought that the Catholic Church taught that we should venerate the Blessed Virgin Mary - that she is not worshipped - since worship is reserved for God alone.
Today, I read My Ideal: Jesus, Son of Mary by FR. Emil Neubert, S.M. I loved the book, and was very excited to read of the beautiful concepts in the book - until I got to the very last pages. In the “Collective Act of Consecration” (on p. 109 of the Tan publication) it says,
“Soveriegn Mistress of heaven and earth, at the foot of thine throne, where respect and love have unchained our hearts, we offer thee our homage of service and praise, we consecrate ourselves to thy worship, . . . . Would that our zeal for the honor of thy worship and the interests of thy glory were able to make amends to thee for all the assaults of heresy, the outrages of unbelief, and the indifference and neglect of the generality of mankind.”
The act of consecration is addressed to the Soveriegn Mistress of heaven and earth, the Blessed Virgin Mary - why would those making this consecration agree to consecrate themselves to worship of the BVM? Later in the consecration, the person praying wishes that by more zealous worship of the BVM that she might be guarded for the pain of the insults of unbelievers - so there are two references in this brief consecration to the worship of Mary.
The book has a Nihil Obstat and Impramatur. . . I am a devout member of the Church, and this is confusing. Am I missing something here?