M
MarineCorpsWife
Guest
The other day at dinner my husband and I were talking about simple daily things. I told him about how I wanted to donate to the church in appreciation for God answering my prayers and my finally conceiving our 3rd child. We have been trying for a long while. Out of no where he says to me “thats the most responsible waste of our money you have come up with in the last six years.” I was a little confused and asked him to explain himself, he states “I believe in God, I don’t believe in the word of man.” I was so confused.
So today it has been bothering me, so at dinner, I ask him if he believes in God, he said yes. Then I asked “what was yesterday all about.” He doesn’t respond. So I ask “Do you believe in Jesus?” He actually said “I dont know what I believe.” He goes on to explain some out of context theory about how the story of an imaculate conception etc was used by the people of India hundreds of years before Jesus, and so now he is having doubts.
I asked if it had anything to do with someone talking to him at work, or his Indian friend he has. its not that.I fear it might have to do with some of the many things he did and witnessed during his previous tour in Afghanistan. My husband, though not Catholic, has always been a God fearing man, he has always had such strong beliefs and it was one of the major things that truly made me fall in love with him. And now apparently some ridiculous television program made by some quack scientist who is bent on belittling Jesus and the Bible and all of Christianity has broken my husbands faith in Jesus Christ.
I just don’t know what to do, other than pray for him. I am sad for him, but I want to be able to do more. When I try to talk to him he says I am badgering him… should I take my mothers advice and give him some space and time to work through this? What am I supposed to do? I thought he was supposed to be the spiritual leader of my family?
So today it has been bothering me, so at dinner, I ask him if he believes in God, he said yes. Then I asked “what was yesterday all about.” He doesn’t respond. So I ask “Do you believe in Jesus?” He actually said “I dont know what I believe.” He goes on to explain some out of context theory about how the story of an imaculate conception etc was used by the people of India hundreds of years before Jesus, and so now he is having doubts.
I asked if it had anything to do with someone talking to him at work, or his Indian friend he has. its not that.I fear it might have to do with some of the many things he did and witnessed during his previous tour in Afghanistan. My husband, though not Catholic, has always been a God fearing man, he has always had such strong beliefs and it was one of the major things that truly made me fall in love with him. And now apparently some ridiculous television program made by some quack scientist who is bent on belittling Jesus and the Bible and all of Christianity has broken my husbands faith in Jesus Christ.
I just don’t know what to do, other than pray for him. I am sad for him, but I want to be able to do more. When I try to talk to him he says I am badgering him… should I take my mothers advice and give him some space and time to work through this? What am I supposed to do? I thought he was supposed to be the spiritual leader of my family?
