Would Creationism exist, without Protestantism?

• Thread starter Thread starter Jovian90
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like to say man is very gifted in ability to make "observations’’, but it is the deductions from them that need “anointing”.

Is it useful to, for only a moment, try and view an issue of morality from a Muslim, Hindu, or whatever other religion’s point of view? Yes it is, even if their position may not be correct, it is of some utility to see how others see the world.

Now, that addresses only one instance of utility, and it could plausibly be argued that a perspective on morality is on a different plane of truth than physical reality.

In that case, I will attempt to explain my viewpoint: a great interest of mine is the field of psychology; specifically, Jung’s take on it. I find that Jung’s perspective is rather novel and insightful.
On a personal note, exposure to Jung (and interpretations of him and his theories by Joseph Campell and Jordan Peterson) led me down the path to the person I am now (and made me get considerably more devout than I previously was).

But Jung uses evolution in his discourse on the biological aspect of the development of myths. In doing so, the picture that he paints is hauntingly beautiful. What is to be made of this? Well, at the very least, the perspective is to be taken into account. The evolutionary framework is not to be simply rejected out of hand.
The question then devolves to what is to be put in place of that ingenious point of view. So far, none of the proposed replacements have (in my opinion) proven themselves superior.

Is it useful to, for only a moment, try and view an issue of morality from a Muslim, Hindu, or whatever other religion’s point of view? Yes it is, even if their position may not be correct , it is of some utility to see how others see the world.
Ok. I was talking of creation science, not necesarily morality

Well, there are Catholic geocentrists, so likely there would be Catholic YEC advocates as well.

There used to be very active group of Catholic geocentrists on this forum. Haven’t heard from any of them in a while.

Yes, but the term creationism has come to mean more than believing in God creating the universe out if nothing.
The term creationism has differing definitions…

The most important is: The Creator Created Creation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back