Would it be a sin to kill the antichrist?

  • Thread starter Thread starter question_bunny
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Cruciferi So this human will be possessed (without his consent?) and then eventually killed by God. Will this human not be given a chance for forgiveness or have free will to chose to be good?

Sounds like everyone had free will to chose if they will do good or bad but for the antichrist, this particular human does not have free will and will only do evil and will be possessed.

Is this like all written out in Revelations? I haven’t really read Revelations outside of when it’s read in mass so I don’t know about this prophecy stuff.
 
Last edited:
You can’t answer evil with evil. This is like saying would it be morally okay to go back in time and kill Hitler. Murder is still murder, it can’t be quantified just as mortal sin can’t be quantified.
Still begs the question. Another way to frame the OP’s question is “Would it be evil to kill the AntiChrist”, or “would it be murder to kill the AntiChrist?” It is a teaching of the Church that not all killing equals murder - the three cases being self-defense, legitimate execution, and act of war; the question is exactly whether killing of the Antichrist would fall under either of these three. I personally don’t have the answer.
 
(A) Because the Evil One will keep him alive.
(B) Because prophesy will be fulfilled.
Kind of like Rasputin, but worse, I suppose… The details surrounding his death were just plain creepy.
 
So this human will be possessed (without his consent?) and then eventually killed by God. Will this human not be given a chance for forgiveness or have free will to chose to be good?
He will NOT be a victim but rather a willing participant.
Is this like all written out in Revelations? I haven’t really read Revelations outside of when it’s read in mass
Most of this information is contained within the Book of Revelation and the Book of Daniel. However, various Saints, and Church Fathers have also wrote on the subject.
 
Last edited:
Yeah, I’m not sure how accurate those stories are. Personally, it sounds like the attempts on his life were botched. Well, up until that last one.
 
  • He was stabbed and underwent surgery
  • He was poisoned but it didn’t kill him “immediately”.
  • He was shot once in the chest and did collapse. He then recovered and went outside where he was shot again.
The stabbing was survivable. The poison sounds like somebody made an error with the dosage. As for the shooting, well, not everyone goes down at first.
 
@Cruciferi So this human will be possessed (without his consent?) and then eventually killed by God.
Antichrist will not be denied free will. He will be a knowing and willing agent and follower of Satan. If he is possessed he will have given his informed consent to it.
 
Last edited:
I believe so, unless you did it out of self-defence and your life was in danger or to protect another person’s life.

If we use evil to harm our enemies we are in fact no better than them.
 
How do we know he does not have it? I myself have 3 in my car.
 
I’m not sure that is entirely correct—murder only applies to the killing of another human, after all.
 
This would certainly be true, if the antichrist is 100% human—but my question hinges on his nature, and the evidence behind that (bible, catechism, saints’ writings, etc.).
 
I am willing to recognize the dignity of any rational being, and his right to existence. Aren’t you?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top