Would it be alright if I start swearing?

  • Thread starter Thread starter sidetrack
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sidetrack

Guest
For most of my life I hardly ever sworn except by accident.I actually tried swearing in casual speech once but* I wasn’t very good at it* so to speak.Now lately I feeling way to much rage that I’m starting to feel that it’ll be unhealthy if I dont release that steam out somehow.Thus I think that using them very selectively in a way that articulates them as adjectives (I’d just use the non-euphemisms of dang,heck and donkey just to say) wouldn’t be as bad as having to wait until I get home late after school to vent out stuff in my “audio logs” (sound recordings I make to myself on the computer by just speaking what’s on my mind).Trust me I dont like going past certain words -_-.
 
Swearing provides problems of its own but the concern is your anger itself.

What is needed is understanding and resolving the* root causes* of anger in your life,
and in trying to find a healthy way to manage your anger where change is less possible.
Swearing only expresses anger and is a kind of violence in itself.
It doesn’t deal with causes nor with the real problem of dealing in a wise and wholesome way with the frustrations and difficulties that manifest in every person’s life.

We do need to be quietly honest in facing those things that justly anger us,
and consider how we can deal with them for our peace and others’.
 
Swearing provides problems of its own but the concern is your anger itself.

What is needed is understanding and resolving the* root causes* of anger in your life,
and in trying to find a healthy way to manage your anger where change is less possible.
Swearing only expresses anger and is a kind of violence in itself.
It doesn’t deal with causes nor with the real problem of dealing in a wise and wholesome way with the frustrations and difficulties that manifest in every person’s life.

We do need to be quietly honest in facing those things that justly anger us,
and consider how we can deal with them for our peace and others’.
Thank you for your reply Trishie.I take back my question it was a silly thing to ask.This is what panicing about not being able to log in to some like server program for 40 minutes while your teacher is blazing thru how to do a tutorial in an HTML & CSS class can do to you -_-.If there’s any moderators reading this I wouldn’t mind to have this deleted.
 
I was a SWEARER!!! When I was growing up my Dad swore all the time and very often it I was very embarassed, particularly in front of my friends. I married a Fireman and believe me I could swear better than he could – BUT when my children were born I made up my mind to stop swearing – while it was difficult I didn’t want the “kids” to hear that type of language.
Thankfully I don’t swear any more and when a swear word comes out of my mouth I ask God to please forgive me – honestly it doesn’t help any situation!!!
 
I actually tried swearing in casual speech once but I wasn’t very good at it.
I love this! It shows that you have a good heart or at least that you’ve trained yourself to flinch at those bad words (as we all should).

As mentioned, the answer is to get a handle on anger, not look for ways to vent it that may cause further problems. Peace!
 
My apologies, but when I first read this, I couldn’t help but chuckle. Why anyone would want to start swearing just slays me. :rotfl:

I don’t think that those who swear realize how it makes them sound. There are hundreds of thousands of words in the English language (and more in other languages) – surely there are plenty to use without having to resort to swearing. 😉
 
Thank you for your reply Trishie.I take back my question it was a silly thing to ask.This is what panicing about not being able to log in to some like server program for 40 minutes while your teacher is blazing thru how to do a tutorial in an HTML & CSS class can do to you -_-.If there’s any moderators reading this I wouldn’t mind to have this deleted.
When you spoke of being angry and angrier, I answered as if it is a general situation in your life. A specific situation like this may fall under the general category, but it merits a different answer.

Don’t be concerned regarding your thread. We all have those moments and it’s difficult not to feel like going ballistic under such pressure. In that situation possibly the best option is to let your teacher know you’re having a problem connecting, but you may be shy so that’s may not be an easy option for you. Hopefully someone, perhaps the teacher, can help you to find some workable option, or at least consider your disadvantage and find a way around it.

One of my sons had a talent for making others instantly want to help him solve his problems. It didn’t make him lazy, he’s general manager for an institution that is spread over three States, and he works far too hard, but he’s also very good at delegating, a gift honed perhaps by his willingness to ask for help when he needed it. You shouldn’t have to solve such problems alone. And not trying to solve them alone may help you become a good team-leader.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top