Would you take the job?

  • Thread starter Thread starter catholicanne
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gosh, I hate to be the ‘devils advocate’ here (no pun intended!), but I’m a person who LOVES a challenge! i i WOULD take it! I’d want to make my presence known and make sure that the religious ed the kids were receiving was in line with traditional catholicism. further, i would gently, but consistanly, remind my co-workers that they are NOT in communion with the faith…and do little things to steadily introduce traditional beliefs back into the church!

can you tell i’m one who loves to shake things up?!?!?!

hey- you need a paycheck, and maybe, just maybe, God wants you there to lead those people back in His direction! now there’s some food for thought…
 
Yes, they told me that the Bishop knows about them but has been “kind enough” to leave them be.
I’m not surprised. 😦

There are a couple of parishes near us that are off the mark. One is known as the ‘gay friendly’ parish and another has a pastor who has been there for ages and openly questions Church teachings.

However, there’s a new sheriff in town (Archbishop Lori 👍) so hopefully things will begin to change.
 
i am of the opinion that you should take the job,you have a duty and responsibility as a Catechist.take the job as director and do it to the best of your ability. choose the catechetical material and stand by it. your a Catechist ,catechize. :blessyou:
 
I think I’d be taking the decision to adoration and pray for discernment for God’s will to be known. I don’t think any of us can really tell you to take or not take the job.
 
If it bothered you that much, it’s not a fit. And I bet they are thinking the same thing.

As far as “turning them into the Archbishop” - don’t think so.
Why would you NOT report this to the Diocese? This church is rather prideful its heresy. I might take it all the way to the Vatican. Imagine how many souls are being led astray!

:mad::eek:
 
i am of the opinion that you should take the job,you have a duty and responsibility as a Catechist.take the job as director and do it to the best of your ability. choose the catechetical material and stand by it. your a Catechist ,catechize. :blessyou:
The pastor has to approve a DREs choice of materials.
 
The pastor has to approve a DREs choice of materials.
Which could put a DRE in a wonderful place to gather evidence of a heterodox priest…that could be submitted to the Bishop…

Peace
James
 
I went for an interview this past Monday for the position of Faith Formation Director at a Catholic church close to where I live. I had never been to that church before so I attended Sunday mass before the interview. Well, I got the sense at mass that they were one of those “progressive” Catholic churches (the way the priest heavily criticized the Pope tipped me off) and my suspicions were confirmed during the interview. They told me flat out that they believe in gays and lesbians getting married and raising families, women being priests, and artificial birth control. They even kicked out the Knight of Columbus group that was in the church because they had denied a gay man membership. They said they were a proud post-Vatican II church and they were not going to go back to the “old” ways.

I am a conservative Catholic who appreciates the traditions of the Catholic church. If I am disturbed by this church’s views, should I take the job if offered to me? I told them during the interview that I was a conservative Catholic and they seemed concerned about that but otherwise, I felt they liked me and they told me I was in the top three candidates for the job. My husband I could use the money but I don’t know if I can work at a church that holds such “progressive” views. I have been praying on it but would like some thoughts on my dilemma. Thanks.
You would end up being fired from the position or quiting, so don’t even bother taking it. Report them to the Bishop.
 
Which could put a DRE in a wonderful place to gather evidence of a heterodox priest…that could be submitted to the Bishop…

Peace
James
Good point, but she’s not getting paid to be a Church Detective…

She probably won’t be offered the job anyway, I don’t think they are looking for a faithful Catholic.
 
Good point, but she’s not getting paid to be a Church Detective…
Understood.
But when one is in such a position and sees improprieties would it not be their duty to report same??
She probably won’t be offered the job anyway, I don’t think they are looking for a faithful Catholic.
This is my guess too.

Peace
James
 
I would notify the bishop about this parish whether or not they offer you the job.

As far as accepting a job offer, I wouldn’t do this unless you have the kind of personality that likes to take on debates and shake things up. For instance, I have an aunt that is a federal prosecutor- if she dropped her law career today and went into ministry work she would probably be a prime person to go in there and clean house at that parish. She has no problem being blunt and forceful and telling people exactly what they don’t want to hear WAY more often than they want to hear it. As a faith formation director, you WILL enter into debates with others at the parish if the parish is that liberal. You would have to have the kind of personality where you will charge through the stuff they throw at you because you are twice as good at throwing it right back.

My guess is that if the job bothers you like you say it does, then God did not give you the personality to clean up that Church’s mess. Nevertheless, talk to God about it and see what happens.
 
Which could put a DRE in a wonderful place to gather evidence of a heterodox priest…that could be submitted to the Bishop…

Peace
James
I got the impression the bishop knows.
 
To sum up,
yes if you are a take charge person, and suit the job.
No don’t. and No you should run, you wouldn’t be happy, you would be up against too much.
Submit it to the bishop, and no don’t submit it because he already knows.
Pray about it.
There are three candidates, and you probably won’t get it anyway.

St. Joan of Arc began to hear voices at 13 to lead France’s army.
She had the same doubts, how could she a little girl lead an army?
She didn’t want to do it. She didn’t know how to do it, and felt terrified.
Finally at 17, she relented.
In the end, they burned her at the stake for doing what she didn’t want to do in the first place.

The big question is how much are you willing to suffer for Christ?
If they did chose you, maybe that is a sign that he put you there for a reason.

David slew Goliath and it wasn’t because David had a lot going for him, just his faith.

Just a thought.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top