Wouldn't you want to be notified that your daughter was going to have an abortion?

• Thread starter Thread starter GloriaPatri4
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

GloriaPatri4

Americans United for Life’s Model California Parental Notification Language Protects Parental Rights

11/18/2004 1:36:00 PM

To: National Desk

Contact: Daniel McConchie of Americans United for Life, 312-492-7234 ext. 213 or dan@aul.org

CHICAGO, Nov. 18 /U.S. Newswire/ – Model California Parental Notification Initiative language was issued today by Americans United for Life, which, if adopted, would add a requirement to the California Constitution for parents to be notified prior to their children being allowed to have an abortion.

“Americans United for Life is helping further the efforts of various groups in California who have been working to come up with effective language,” said Peter Samuelson, President of Americans United for Life. “I think that this language addresses all the issues. With all the groups united and working together, we can make sure this commonsense legislation becomes law.”

Proponents say that the initiative in California is necessary because a court overturned California’s parental notification law in 1997. As a constitutional amendment, this initiative could not be overturned by a California court.

“Parental notification is about making sure that parents have the opportunity to be involved in life changing decisions for their children,” said Nikolas T. Nikas, General Counsel with Americans United for Life. “School nurses cannot give an aspirin to a child without a parent’s consent. Why should they be able to have a major surgical procedure without one?”

The initiative provides a judicial bypass so a judge can allow an abortion without the parents being notified in cases such as incest or abuse. Proponents say that the initiative is carefully written to comply with federal court decisions regarding parental notification.

“This is not about being for or against abortion,” said Denise M. Burke, Senior Litigation Counsel with Americans United for Life. “People on both sides of the abortion debate agree that a minor’s parents have the right to, and should, be involved in making such a momentous decision. Having an abortion will impact the health and psychological well-being of a child for her entire life. The parents have a right to have a say.”

For a copy of the language submitted, visit: AUL.org/pdfs/AULCaliforniaModel.pdf.

For interviews with experts from Americans United for Life, please contact Daniel McConchie at 312-492-7234 ext. 213 or dan@aul.org

Americans United for Life is the leading public-interest law firm dedicated to providing legal expertise and strategy in the field of life-affirming legislation, litigation, and public education.

Headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, Americans United for Life is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit, public-interest law firm and educational organization. Their fields of legal expertise include abortion, infanticide, euthanasia, physician-assisted suicide, destructive embryo research, and human cloning.

usnewswire.com/

-0-

Take your child to the dentist and a parent or legal gaurdian MUST sign permission for treatment.

Take your child to the emergency room for a broken bone or cut and a parent or legal gaurdian MUST sign permission for treatment.

It boggles the imagination to believe that such a horrible SURGICAL perceedure could be performed on a minor WITHOUT legal permission from a parent.

Every precaution needs to be taken to protect minor children, lets hope the parental notification law passes.

Let us also not forget that when a young girl becomes pregnant, she is carrying her parents grandchild! The young woman’s parents most definitely will care about whether or not their grandchild is murdered through abortion. As a father of five, I pray that the Lord blesses me and my wife with bunches of grandchildren.

I pray these laws will pass.

40.png
TPJCatholic:
Let us also not forget that when a young girl becomes pregnant, she is carrying her parents grandchild! The young woman’s parents most definitely will care about whether or not their grandchild is murdered through abortion. As a father of five, I pray that the Lord blesses me and my wife with bunches of grandchildren.

I pray these laws will pass.
**Excellent point.:clapping: Imagine if all the pro-life grandparents, fathers, mothers, aunts, uncles, sisters, brothers of pregnant women and siblings of the unborn in the U.S.A United in their efforts to put an end to abortion. :yup: Why don’t the relatives of the unborn have a voice?:hmmm: **

The fathers of the unborn especially should be heard.

Let us also remember this – an underage girl who is pregnant has FAR more problems than the simple fact of pregnancy. An abortion will not solve her REAL problems.

She needs help from her parents – and they need to know about the problems so they can help.

The pro-abortionists want to simply kill the child and usher her out the door, saying, “Now go right back to doing what you were doing – we’ll be here next time you need to get rid of a child.”

Gloria,

I agree completely, especially about fathers having a right to raise their children. It is incredible that our courts view fathers as being meaningless in these matters, yet if a young woman gives birth to a baby, the father would sure have to pay child support. I guess fathers are good when they can be grabbed for their money, otherwise they have no role.

vern humphrey:
Let us also remember this – an underage girl who is pregnant has FAR more problems than the simple fact of pregnancy. An abortion will not solve her REAL problems.

She needs help from her parents – and they need to know about the problems so they can help.
Many girls in the situation probably have parents that will be of little help. I’m not saying no one should tell them she is pregnant. And I’m not saying they can’t help with the pregnancy. Just, well exactly what you said. She most likely has other problems, and a set of parents without any real guidance to give her could likely be one of them.😦 I wish these things didn’t happen.:crying:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back